PDA

View Full Version : All Youtube clips are now embedded!

dendrin
January 8th, 2011, 19:38
Let us know if there are any problems with this here. We have been struggling with a way of dealing with the Youtube reposts and embedding seemed to be the best solution. We still ask newer members to be mindful of reposts but its not as big of deal now since everything is previewed. The best way to see if a Youtube clip has been posted is search for the unique Youtube ID code. All Youtube clips have a code in the URL after the = sign. If you think a Youtube clip might be a repost, copy and paste that code and do a seach. Check the screenshot if you're not sure what I'm referring to.

http://img2.imagetitan.com/img2/small/43/43_yt_code.jpg (http://img2.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=43_yt_code.jpg)

Lastly, if you want to give thanks or comment on a youtube clip that has been posted, do not include the actual clip in the quote, it will really clutter things up now. Thanks to Fabius for the idea!

Fabius
January 8th, 2011, 21:54
Let us know if there are any problems with this here. We have been struggling with a way of dealing with the Youtube reposts and embedding seemed to be the best solution. We still ask newer members to be mindful of reposts but its not as big of deal now since everything is previewed. The best way to see if a Youtube clip has been posted is search for the unique Youtube ID code. All Youtube clips have a code in the URL after the = sign. If you think a Youtube clip might be a repost, copy and paste that code and do a seach. Check the screenshot if you're not sure what I'm referring to.

Lastly, if you want to give thanks or comment on a youtube clip that has been posted, do not include the actual clip in the quote, it will really clutter things up now. Thanks to Fabius for the idea!

Wow! What a surprise! Now all pages are full of colours!

Frankly I was not even aware that was possible to embed the Youtube viewer using simply the link, I supposed it was necessary to use the embed code link.
Of course this is even simpler! and surprisingly works on all links, even old ones! Great!

Still a simple hint: do not forget anyway to put as a text the full title of the clip.
It is true that it is shown already on the preview, but often yuotube clips are cancelled, sometimes banned, and in this cases no trace remains of the clip. If there is the title as text, it is still possible to search the clip in other locations.

Thanks, great improvement!

rwlm
January 10th, 2011, 06:30
what i have found is the forum is a lot slower. where members have quoted member whom posted clips, we need to remove the embedded clips from the quote.HOW many member will go through all their posts to do this? i guess its a hugh task for admins to do this. WHEN its come to watching youtube clips, i preferred to watch the actuasl youtube clip and not the embedded clips. u cant save clips that u like watching the embedded clip. and also the related clips in which we may find other clips not posted here. THERE are 2 ways of actually seeing the actual youtube clip, ( 1) the title of the embedded clip with uploaded time that we know, we post the title in youtubesearch to find this clip. ACTUALLY :) THERE IS A really really easy method to watch a youtube clip. ;)ALL u got to do is thank a person on the clip they posted, it WILL then give u the youtube url instead of the embedded clips. i have just tried this method twice by giving thanks to 2 members in the wrestling thread and it brouht up the youtube url for me. when u go back to the f/m section the clip will back to embedded once more. SO i do think the embedded clips are a great idea.

cmcwmod
January 10th, 2011, 08:10
An easier method is just right-clicking on the clips. Then you can copy the original Youtube URL.

psbinbin
January 20th, 2011, 13:44
-not the place for actual links

blauesau
October 22nd, 2011, 15:40
do you know that?

Klicke auf Standbild. kopiere erst jetzt die adresse. dann erscheint genau das foto der richtigen scene hier im forum!

can anybody translate, pls?

goneju
June 8th, 2013, 08:16
I am facing problem with embedding videos from youtube. When I am posting only the actual url is getting displayed. Whats the solution?

dendrin
June 9th, 2013, 15:29
I am facing problem with embedding videos from youtube. When I am posting only the actual url is getting displayed. Whats the solution?

Take the "s" off after the "http". It looks like you have some security feature turned on with your browser.

goneju
June 10th, 2013, 02:20
Take the "s" off after the "http". It looks like you have some security feature turned on with your browser.

Thanks. Its working now. :)

badboy4375
June 12th, 2013, 14:58
Hey,
Did anyone have those vids that used to be posted by youtube user "crayolacr"? just wondering because I haven't seen em in a while, think she went by name Bambam

sex
May 11th, 2015, 15:37

http://img2.imagetitan.com/img2/small/43/43_yt_code.jpg (http://img2.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=43_yt_code.jpg)

interesting

santoshwlc
October 27th, 2015, 16:24
Plugins are not supported on my Google chrome android lollipop. They used to work a few weeks back.

Is it due to my phone or forum support issue ?

dp
October 27th, 2015, 19:33
Plugins are not supported on my Google chrome android lollipop. They used to work a few weeks back.

Is it due to my phone or forum support issue ?

Must be your phone. We have not made any changes on our end.

brucebarnes
August 14th, 2016, 08:49
Hi guys.

Been a while !

I'm hoping to become a little more active again and start posting what I consider to be good video finds.

My problem is that I use to (years back...) always to a search first on the URL to help ensure it's not a repeat of something already posted.

However, now, it seems these searches no longer work - I assume related to videos now being embedded instead of the URL being textual in the post the way is once was.

The problem is that I haven't been very active keeping up with the posts of others, so have no idea if my finds already exist, and with out URL search functionality, I suspect much of what I might post will be repeats.

I can search "tags" for key words in the video titles, but experimentation so far showed that's not a very reliable method.

Suggestions ?

...Should I just post and not worry about pre-existance ?
Or should l I just not post since I'm not up on what's currently in the archives ?

I'm going to do a very small post today, and see if anyone jumps on me about being repeats... hmmm...

Thanks
-Bruce

dp
August 14th, 2016, 11:31
Welcome back Bruce.

The embedding has not changed anything with regards to searching. The forum still stores the URL as text, it's just displayed differently. Just try searching for "EZACD8fUBNw" for example. This is a video ID for a recent youtube clip that was posted here. The clip is embedded, but it makes no difference for the search engine.

brucebarnes
August 20th, 2016, 07:13
Thanks, I got it now.

So basically, just search on the unique ID of the youtube URL at the end, instead of the entire URL like I used to do.

Thanks again...

Jennie01
June 23rd, 2017, 15:00
thanks for your posts.. )) thay are quite interesting )) :ohmy:

Lol412
September 12th, 2017, 11:41
You guys have any custom playlists on youtube?

caracal25
September 22nd, 2017, 08:23
I am unable to view your youtube clips. This has only been a problem over the last few days. All I see is an image of a youtube black screen.
Please help.:(

Bbwbearhug
October 13th, 2018, 13:10
I am unable to view your youtube clips. This has only been a problem over the last few days. All I see is an image of a youtube black screen.
Please help.:(

I'm having the same issue. I can't view clips unless i go into "quote" and then manually copy and paste the link into my browser. I'm on mobile.

Korqexg
June 17th, 2019, 14:57
do you know that?

Klicke auf Standbild. kopiere erst jetzt die adresse. dann erscheint genau das foto der richtigen scene hier im forum!

can anybody translate, pls?

Click on the still image, then copy the adress. Then, a picture of the right scene will appear in the forum.

deas
August 22nd, 2019, 23:32
oh i see

CutterPeter
January 2nd, 2020, 10:38
Thanks! I was about to ask the same thing.

Daph
March 10th, 2020, 10:22
Are you aware that youtube closed the older embed flash version of the player? URLs like this https://www.youtube.com/v/PYh-xCSmIQU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&version=3 lead to 404 error page

toto101200
July 27th, 2020, 00:52
Have you considered using Wordpress ? It has much greater support to videos

Sicfic75
December 17th, 2020, 14:48
Wow nice ones

Sicfic75
December 17th, 2020, 14:49
Are you aware that youtube closed the older embed flash version of the player? URLs like this https://www.youtube.com/v/PYh-xCSmIQU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&version=3 lead to 404 error page

Not working

Sicfic75
December 17th, 2020, 14:49
It is working now

October 31st, 2022, 08:42
Awesome to hear a worthwhile change

Youngpharaoh2
October 6th, 2023, 21:04
Amazingggg