PDA

View Full Version : Has the forum become slow lately?

nautilus
May 30th, 2012, 17:25
Just wanted to know if it is only me who is facing this issue? Somehow for me the forum opens very slow.

dp
May 30th, 2012, 18:24
No problems here.

loyd_carr
May 30th, 2012, 19:17
It works fine for me.

goneju
May 31st, 2012, 04:09
I felt it for few minutes yesterday. But it is fine now.

rwlm
June 2nd, 2012, 05:56
when a member posts 3 or more clips in their post my comp just freezes up, and sometimes i haft to turn off comp manually. i tried to avoid these pages. there are probably a few members here that dont have fast speed on comp and have the same problems as me when u get a quantity of clips posts on the same page.

winniethebeer
June 2nd, 2012, 06:28
when a member posts 3 or more clips in their post my comp just freezes up, and sometimes i haft to turn off comp manually. i tried to avoid these pages. there are probably a few members here that dont have fast speed on comp and have the same problems as me when u get a quantity of clips posts on the same page.

you mean the clips all start playing at the same time instead of just displaying the preview image with the play button?

rwlm
June 2nd, 2012, 12:13
you mean the clips all start playing at the same time instead of just displaying the preview image with the play button? no, it takes forever for that page to display all the clips. a good example is the thread i created -trapeze, silk, and aeriel.i posted lots of clips for each post. after waiting forever for the page to display all the clips, more often than not, comp freezes and i'm not able to turn off my comp with the mouse. i haft to turn off at back of hard drive or at main power point. the same happens if lionman posts heaps of dance clips in the 1 post. when the clips were not embeded there was not a problem with how many clips podted in on post. but with embedded clips there is a problem when lots are posted in one post. by the way my comp is 10 ten years old now, so i'm probably overdue for a new comp.

luff(arungen)
June 10th, 2012, 13:04
so the problem only occurs with embedded clips? my guess is that it's happening because they are saved on the server and so they are loaded at the same as the forum page.

Has anyone else had the same issues with embedded clips?

dendrin
June 10th, 2012, 22:43
so the problem only occurs with embedded clips? my guess is that it's happening because they are saved on the server and so they are loaded at the same as the forum page.

Has anyone else had the same issues with embedded clips?

No the embedded clips are streamed directly from Youtube. I do get a little slowdown when a page has more than 10 embeds on it, which is probably from not enough memory on my own computer.