PDA

View Full Version : novel about shoulder rides

Baasda
December 30th, 2012, 21:40
http://www.olgabaclanova.com/spurs.htm

this is the novel that inspired the movie "freaks". in the movie freaks there is a shoulder ride...but the novel is all based on a dwarf who every day ride a woman, along the whole france, for punish her.

do you know if there is another movie based upon this novel?

gondor300
December 31st, 2012, 01:38
The story of the making of the movie freaks is quite interesting on its own
but sadly even though it was based on the short story 'Spurs', the script did not follow the story except for a midget marrying a normal size woman and also there is about 20 mins of running time which has been deemed lost no one knows if were any lift scenes in those

There has not been any other movie based on the story as the film had a bad reception and was deemed a total fiasco

on the other hand I came across a french film Red Dwarf (2008 with a slightly similar storyline but not sure if there are any lifts

will check it when time permits

Storm
January 23rd, 2013, 01:19
Gondor - just read your reply!!
WHAT A WEALTH OF INFO YOU ARE!
Did you just happen to know this as a matter of course or did you research it? Very impressed x

gondor300
January 25th, 2013, 11:22
Gondor - just read your reply!!
WHAT A WEALTH OF INFO YOU ARE!
Did you just happen to know this as a matter of course or did you research it? Very impressed x

Thanks for the compliment Storm. I am a film buff in general but I did some research on this one as it piqued my curiosity from the film and the links between the short story Spurs and it would have been a different result if the filmakers had stick to the original story