PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Firefox

pillhuhn1
October 23rd, 2013, 08:29
Since a few days I can not see any longer youtube clips on this forum, when I use Firefox. When I use an other browser I can see the clips here. Anyone has the same problem or knows the reason for the problem ?

TheWolfe
October 24th, 2013, 08:38
Since a few days I can not see any longer youtube clips on this forum, when I use Firefox. When I use an other browser I can see the clips here. Anyone has the same problem or knows the reason for the problem ?

I was having some trouble on my Linux PC with YouTube videos suddenly playing choppy last night in both Firefox and Google Chrome. I updated Google Chrome and the problem was resolved. I didn't go back and try watching YouTube in Firefox again but I assume it's still not right. I have a feeling YouTube (which is part of Google) changed something in their code. I know for a fact they've been beta testing non-Flash video formatting. I Googled the problem and saw many, many people having various issues viewing YouTube in Firefox so maybe you should start there. Be sure to include your operating system in your search.

Do the videos play at all? Exactly what happens? What's your operating system? What other browsers have you tried?

pillhuhn1
October 24th, 2013, 12:33
Thanks for your reply. My oeration system is windows xp. I have the problem only in this forum. I can see youtube videos with firefox, when I watch the clips at youtube. When I use the browser of the german telecom, everything is allright. I did not try other browsers.

TheWolfe
October 25th, 2013, 03:28
Wow, that's weird. I don't know what to suggest for that. Sounds like it's fairly easy to work around but why should you have to?