PDA

View Full Version : school

Mettalican5000
May 16th, 2009, 04:53
i dont know about all of you but i hate calculus and i have a huge calculus final on teusday to finish off my freshman yr at college. how do i cope with this horrible monstrosity? anyone have any experience with this? :cursing:

dendrin
May 16th, 2009, 05:38
i dont know about all of you but i hate calculus and i have a huge calculus final on teusday to finish off my freshman yr at college. how do i cope with this horrible monstrosity? anyone have any experience with this? :cursing:

Just redo the homework a few days before the test, best way of studying. Limits mixed with the trigonometry functions were the hardest thing for me.

Leobor
May 16th, 2009, 16:18

My college way was on social studies but I know one thing - whatever you do have a nice sleep before the test. Also give yourself at least 6 hours of relaxing before you go to bed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5v9ZVoGC2I

jj009
May 16th, 2009, 18:59
If you think first year is bad
Wait till you get to 2nd & 3rd year if you are in a technical field.

Try this
http://archives.math.utk.edu/visual.calculus/

good luck:D

dp
May 17th, 2009, 14:29
Sure, lots. Unfortunately, if your exam is this Tuesday and calculus still isn't intuitive to you, it might be too late. My only advice is that you solve as many problems as you can. A study guide with worked problems should also be helpful. I also agree with Leobor's advice: Don't overdo it the day before the exam.

filmguy
May 18th, 2009, 19:13
Try to get a group of people together tonight to study for a few hours, but don't study past 10PM, you'll just be burned out. Before the test, do a quick once over of all your notes. Also, go in CONFIDENT, being confident really helps you through rough sitautions where you have a guess. If you go in thinking you're going to bomb, you'll shut down the minute you see something you don't immediatly remember.

Mettalican5000
May 18th, 2009, 19:37
thanks for all the help guys i really appreciate it!

samby_01
June 1st, 2009, 17:20
All the best Mettalican.. Keep up that confidence! I hope you do well tomorrow !

lorinsilvia
June 19th, 2009, 07:56
So how did the calculus test go? I hope the forum's moral support helped a little at least!

Mettalican5000
June 20th, 2009, 20:33
yes u guys helped my morale for sure! i ended up getting a C+ in the course, which isnt bad considering i was afraid i was going to fail haha!

lorinsilvia
June 21st, 2009, 21:19
Way to go Mettalican!

Maths is too long ago, but if anybody ever needs any help in French (or Dutch, though that's unlikely), feel free to let me know!

robred
October 16th, 2014, 20:05
Tell me about it, im a freshman to, soooo muuuch woooork

Akshayb
December 8th, 2014, 23:41
but calculus is fun