PDA

View Full Version : Curious because ... where are the woman?

Wig4
January 6th, 2015, 17:45
I'm so curious about this site, after quite some time, because I get this impression, that this site does not have female members !?? ... :blink:
Or, at least, no active female members I ever met in any discussion, until now.
If my observation is true, then this place is quite creepy, because there is constantly talk about strong girls/women, photo's posted of them (video..?), yet they themselves, are NOT HERE !??? Creepy, as the forum then degenerates being a gossip site....
:freezing:
I like equilibrium. Not talking about, but talking with ! ...

greybeezer
January 6th, 2015, 21:42
I'm so curious about this site, after quite some time, because I get this impression, that this site does not have female members !?? ... :blink:
If my observation is true, then this place is quite creepy, because there is constantly talk about strong girls/women, photo's posted of them (video..?), yet they themselves, are NOT HERE !??? Creepy, as the forum then degenerates being a gossip site....

First off I take offense to being called creepy, and secondly good luck finding any fetish site with an active female population. When actual women try to post in fetish forums they get bombarded with questions and just harassed to the point where they no longer feel comfortable, it's just an unfortunate reality.

This isn't a gossip site it is about sharing an interest, we are a small group that enjoy something different then most other people so it gives us a place to congregate and discuss things with people with similar interests. If you can't see this then I truly question just how interested in lift and carry you actually are.

Akshayb
January 7th, 2015, 01:04
First off I take offense to being called creepy, and secondly good luck finding any fetish site with an active female population. When actual women try to post in fetish forums they get bombarded with questions and just harassed to the point where they no longer feel comfortable, it's just an unfortunate reality.

This isn't a gossip site it is about sharing an interest, we are a small group that enjoy something different then most other people so it gives us a place to congregate and discuss things with people with similar interests. If you can't see this then I truly question just how interested in lift and carry you actually are.

that is the bitter reality :(

Chaza
January 7th, 2015, 01:38

There are a few female members, although it can be agreed that they are few and far between. However they are out there! must of which are valuable members with valuable contributions (some are actually producers).

I feel it would be harsh to judge your rationale for joining the forum XD. But don't feel too disgruntled with the above. The reason behind why some may be frustrated with your comment is because you quite simply arn't considering the rationale behind your comment. I will humor you by attempting to break it down and provide you with an answer to why there are less female members :):

Girls Who Enjoy Lifting
You can argue that: A lifter in most situations would be stimulated by there own experiences and therefore may have less to share

Consider a good 85% on this forum are liftees and prefer to be lifted rather than being the lifter. This leaves us with 15% on the forums fanbase preferring to lift.
Let's split this by a world demographic figure; this splitting male to female ratio by 50%.
Considering the above. Then out of the small probability Who enjoy lifting, 7.5% of the forum have a potential to be female. And that doesn't even consider the demographic of Adult website audiences!

Girls Who Enjoy Being Lifted

Ok, Firstly lets again create a split by using the world demographic figure. This gives us 50% female
Looking at the areas of the forum it is split in to 2. F/M and F/F. If you are female and enjoy being lifted the F/M section could possibly do little-to-nothing for you. This means we need to split the demographic again by half. This leaves us with 25% of the members visiting the forum potentially being female. But it does not stop there!
I must be careful here... But put yourself in the position of a heterosexual female; The probability of you finding admiration for Female based lifters would be considerably low. I don't think that needs me to put a percentage on... I could look in to the demographics of non Hetrosexual Females... But I believe I have made too many generalizations already; and you get the point ;)

While some members have asked for M/F sections to be added to forum, development has been somewhat slow. This is due to low demand and plenty of content readily available on the internet.

Like I said neither of these scenarios even consider the demographic of Adult website audiences. However I think you can see reasoning behind why we have less girls on the site. And the more I think about it, the sadder that Truth really is... XD

Disclaimer
I have created this post, partly because I was bored. But also because I wanted to establish demographics for myself. I apologise if my figures arnt quite on the mark. Additionally I fully respect that people are different and would like to apologize if my broad generalizations have insulted yourself in anyway.

dp
January 7th, 2015, 13:07
Based on my own experiences, I believe this is a result of a more fundamental difference between men and women. There doesn't seem to be many females on any forum dedicated to a specific topic, no matter what that topic is. When males want to discuss something, they often form special interest groups for that topic. When females discuss the same topics, they seem to prefer to do so with friends on social networks, or use generic female-only forums.

PS: I live in a country that is surprisingly gender-segregated, so YMMV. ;)

tragmich
January 7th, 2015, 17:56
There doesn't seem to be many females on any forum dedicated to a specific topic, no matter what that topic is.
This is so true. Only exception I have found is babies. If you want to talk to women, go to a site dedicated to babies. There are very active sites were women give each other tips about how to take care of your babies and small children, exchange children clothing and so on.

dp
January 7th, 2015, 19:39
This is so true. Only exception I have found is babies. If you want to talk to women, go to a site dedicated to babies. There are very active sites were women give each other tips about how to take care of your babies and small children, exchange children clothing and so on.
Have you noticed that when you have a practical problem of some sort, and google for a solution, the most likely place to find the answer is in forums for mothers? Doesn't matter that it's completely off-topic there. :)

bravesirrobin
January 8th, 2015, 00:59
There is another factor at play here, which is that if there are women who enjoy lifting and carrying men then all they need to do is lift and carry a man (obviously its not quite that simple as some men will be more willing to be lifted than others), a woman with this fetish will be the active agent in their own desires. For the majority of men who enjoy being lifted (possibly excluding those who are in relationships in which their desire to be lifted and carried is recognised and frequently fulfilled) finding relatively frequent satisfaction of the desire is significantly harder, for in the lift & carry fetish the choice of whether a man is lifted or not is out of his hands (similarly f/f L&C men have little control of when they are going to see a lift occur). Therefore what this community does is, to an extent, serve as a (substantially inferior) substitute to the act itself, which explains the significantly higher proportion of men in this forum.

Chaza
January 8th, 2015, 03:02
There is another factor at play here, which is that if there are women who enjoy lifting and carrying men then all they need to do is lift and carry a man (obviously its not quite that simple as some men will be more willing to be lifted than others), a woman with this fetish will be the active agent in their own desires. For the majority of men who enjoy being lifted (possibly excluding those who are in relationships in which their desire to be lifted and carried is recognised and frequently fulfilled) finding relatively frequent satisfaction of the desire is significantly harder, for in the lift & carry fetish the choice of whether a man is lifted or not is out of his hands (similarly f/f L&C men have little control of when they are going to see a lift occur). Therefore what this community does is, to an extent, serve as a (substantially inferior) substitute to the act itself, which explains the significantly higher proportion of men in this forum.

Yep, covered that partly in my long ridiculas post. Missed out some of these point though. This eats in to the 7.5 percentage figure I provided even further, and that before you consider what the admins have been discussion on forum culture!

Both the math and reality do not give us much hope :lol:

tragmich
January 8th, 2015, 17:46
Have you noticed that when you have a practical problem of some sort, and google for a solution, the most likely place to find the answer is in forums for mothers? Doesn't matter that it's completely off-topic there. :)
Sure. Those sites have been very helpful when I have tried to figure out how to use my washing machine correctly.