The Lift & Carry Forums

The Lift & Carry Forums (http://landcforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Producer's Corner (http://landcforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Dunehands, here to say! (http://landcforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2810)

robert July 1st, 2018 14:27

With all due respect and appreciation towards people who are producing L&C content but one essential problem is here and I cannot understand the reason and that's the price of the clips.

Why do you thing a content -by the definition of the entertainment business- is worth almost 1$ per minute?! As a fan of L&C I'd consider spending money for my interests as long as it's worth it. There are tons of free stuff out there on the Internet -and increasing- which potentially could fulfill my desire. Regardless of the quality and being costume scripted which is quite important,but why would I pay 5-10$ for a 4-10min clip then?

phoneman July 1st, 2018 16:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by robert (Post 213293)
With all due respect and appreciation towards people who are producing L&C content but one essential problem is here and I cannot understand the reason and that's the price of the clips.

Why do you thing a content -by the definition of the entertainment business- is worth almost 1$ per minute?! As a fan of L&C I'd consider spending money for my interests as long as it's worth it. There are tons of free stuff out there on the Internet -and increasing- which potentially could fulfill my desire. Regardless of the quality and being costume scripted which is quite important,but why would I pay 5-10$ for a 4-10min clip then?

I am not a producer and never have been. Robert, do you have any idea what it costs to produce a clip? How much are the performers paid and what are productions costs? How many copies are sold before the clip is stolen and put on the internet without payment to the producer?

Think about those things before you determine what is over priced.

robert July 1st, 2018 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoneman (Post 213302)
I am not a producer and never have been. Robert, do you have any idea what it costs to produce a clip? How much are the performers paid and what are productions costs? How many copies are sold before the clip is stolen and put on the internet without payment to the producer?

Think about those things before you determine what is over priced.

I am legitimately not aware of all of that information and I bet it's not easy to make a well directed, high quality clip regardless of how expensive it is.

But what I am doing here is simply describing the reality we are facing. I have no margin for that but I reckon not many people are able to pay such money for something they can have for free including myself. You just need to browse social networks all around the net to see variety of them.

I would love to have these quality worthy clips and I am happily willing to pay for it but a middle-class customer like me -as a student- has different priorities in life. Furthermore, one customer -potentially- would purchase more than just one clip and the sum of that could go quite crazy in the long term.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoneman (Post 213302)
How many copies are sold before the clip is stolen and put on the internet without payment to the producer?

This is definitely not my fault to be punished for. It's their job to protect their business and just adding up the price to cover the loss is the easiest solution and simply not fair. :)

To sums up, I suppose the profit margin of the business is good enough to make them consider a bit of adjustment.

Far July 1st, 2018 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by robert (Post 213293)

I'am pricing my clips approx same as other producers, I can price them 3 times lower and still keeps in business...but it's not reasonable and isn't fair to other producers

badboy4375 July 2nd, 2018 10:30

Robert you do not have a right to their clips; saying its not fair suggests that you are confused to this fact.

robert July 3rd, 2018 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Far (Post 213308)
I'am pricing my clips approx same as other producers, I can price them 3 times lower and still keeps in business...but it's not reasonable and isn't fair to other producers

It's not fair to the customers either! What you're saying is basically the lack of competition in the business. Variety of producers should be ended up in higher quality/lower price like any other businesses, but what I've been observing through years shows no fluctuation but just fixed pricing.

Wouldn't you decrease the price if it leads to an increase in sales which practically makes more profit?

Lifter July 3rd, 2018 14:04

In the end it is our decision to buy or not to buy the vids. I think thy are very reasonably priced, Robert. I don't understand what your issue really is apart from making them cheaper. But most vids of all types of fetishes are priced in the same range. Seems to be the norm.

Far July 3rd, 2018 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by robert (Post 213385)
It's not fair to the customers either! What you're saying is basically the lack of competition in the business. Variety of producers should be ended up in higher quality/lower price like any other businesses, but what I've been observing through years shows no fluctuation but just fixed pricing.

This is a specific business, it not like selling Vodka) pricing approximetly 1$ per minute popular not only for L&C clips, almost all fetish categories priced the same. Also, you must remember, that selling adult content requeres using sites like clips4sale, which takes huge comissions(40% on c4sale, f.e.)

Quote:

Wouldn't you decrease the price if it leads to an increase in sales which practically makes more profit?

A time ago, when I was selling clips via kinkbomb.com, I has a discount system up to 40% off for multiple orders, but only few customers used this offer. Decreasing price isn't working in this business.

phoneman July 3rd, 2018 14:25

Quote:

I have a suggestion. Go into the video business and set up whatever pricing you want. See, isn't that simple? It is obvious that you have discovered a business where you can make a lot of money by overcharging people. Go for it.

Lifter July 3rd, 2018 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoneman (Post 213391)
I have a suggestion. Go into the video business and set up whatever pricing you want. See, isn't that simple? It is obvious that you have discovered a business where you can make a lot of money by overcharging people. Go for it.

Well said, Phoneman!