The Lift & Carry Forums

The Lift & Carry Forums (http://landcforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://landcforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   How much do you weigh? (http://landcforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7896)

TheLurker1 December 21st, 2020 23:12

How much do you weigh?

Title.

I weigh 221lbs to 223lbs depending on the time of day. I was quite surprised to learn that people who indulge in sessions are as heavy, or even heavier than I am. I'm going up to 230-235ish.

An extension question, I suppose:

Do you consider dropping a few lbs before your session, in an endeavour to make it easier on the woman in question?

TheGovernor8430 December 22nd, 2020 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLurker1 (Post 248510)
Title.

I weigh 221lbs to 223lbs depending on the time of day. I was quite surprised to learn that people who indulge in sessions are as heavy, or even heavier than I am. I'm going up to 230-235ish.

An extension question, I suppose:

Do you consider dropping a few lbs before your session, in an endeavour to make it easier on the woman in question?

Dropping weight is definitely something I consider but for some reason I never take it seriously. My current weight is 247 thought I bounce around a lot from 240-260. Depends on year as I?m heavier in winter and lighter in summer.

Out of curiosity, how many women have lifted u at your weight? Were they session women? If so who

TheLurker1 December 22nd, 2020 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGovernor8430 (Post 248531)
Dropping weight is definitely something I consider but for some reason I never take it seriously. My current weight is 247 thought I bounce around a lot from 240-260. Depends on year as I?m heavier in winter and lighter in summer.

Out of curiosity, how many women have lifted u at your weight? Were they session women? If so who

I haven't been my current weight for very long. I've never had a session.
When I was 196lbs, two women were able to hold me in a piggyback position, although they could not move.
When I was 213lbs, another woman held me in a piggyback position, and could not move.

My weight is muscle weight, so I'm not sure if that plays a role, in terms of how the weight feels when carrying it.

At the same time, I live in the UK, where the general athleticism of women is pretty subpar, so it makes sense that they'd have a hard time. I'm sure there are plenty of women in Scandinavian countries/US/Canada that would have zero problem holding me, even when I reach 230-235.

phantom23 December 22nd, 2020 23:22

I'm 6'3 195lbs (very fit) and I've only had 2 girls (out of about 100) who were unable to lift me. Ha, maybe you guys are just hanging around weak women *or maybe Im just around stronger women--probably not by coincidence). I'm always amazed by the ease at which many women can lift me.

TheLurker1 December 23rd, 2020 01:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantom23 (Post 248546)
I'm 6'3 195lbs (very fit) and I've only had 2 girls (out of about 100) who were unable to lift me. Ha, maybe you guys are just hanging around weak women *or maybe Im just around stronger women--probably not by coincidence). I'm always amazed by the ease at which many women can lift me.

I do find it's easier to lift taller people, to be fair - the distribution of weight is more widespread and depending on the lift, the amount of torque needed to perform it.

greybeezer December 23rd, 2020 03:15

I'd love to be as light as you guys lol.

TheLurker1 December 23rd, 2020 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by greybeezer (Post 248554)
I'd love to be as light as you guys lol.

I'm quite interested to know what your weight is, if 220lbs+ is considered "light" in comparison to us.

greybeezer December 23rd, 2020 11:17

Right now I'm sitting around 320lbs I've been down to as low as 266lbs since adulthood but I'm usually right around the 300lbs mark. If you look back at some of my posts I discuss some of my lifting experiences at different weights, but short story is I've been lifted multiple times weighing as little as 270 to as much as my current 320 possibly a little higher as I don't weigh myself regularly.

I will add for the record that I'm 6'2" tall, and my weight is not all fat, I'm pretty wide across the shoulders and chest.

Vodevil December 23rd, 2020 14:12

6ft2 and about 220 lbs, though it's been over 3 years since I last checked it (I don't own a scale).

Ldsrd December 23rd, 2020 19:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLurker1 (Post 248552)
I do find it's easier to lift taller people, to be fair - the distribution of weight is more widespread and depending on the lift, the amount of torque needed to perform it.

I would also add that the weight will feel less if the person that is being lifted is more compact. You can make yourself easier to lift if you tense your body a bit.