The Lift & Carry Forums

The Lift & Carry Forums (http://landcforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://landcforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   To Moderators asking for help from moderators (http://landcforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5756)

carrychris2009 April 13th, 2016 20:07

To Moderators asking for help from moderators

I don't know if this is The Place to do it but i have a request for the moderators.
Since mediafire has changed its format and I now use Dropbox for file sharing ,
I was wondering if I could Pleas go back and edit in Dropbox in place of mediafire files (that now make people download videos to see them ) . The new format for a thread only allows me to go back two posts or two days to edit a post on my thread. I don't want to create a new thread or make major Changes I just want to substitute dropbox for the Mediafire links I posted so I would need the capability to go back and edit these old posts and have them accessible to me so i could do that. Then there is my request.

thanks
CarryChris

carrychris2009 April 14th, 2016 02:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrychris2009 (Post 175321)
I don't know if this is The Place to do it but i have a request for the moderators.
Since mediafire has changed its format and I now use Dropbox for file sharing ,
I was wondering if I could Pleas go back and edit in Dropbox in place of mediafire files (that now make people download videos to see them ) . The new format for a thread only allows me to go back two posts or two days to edit a post on my thread. I don't want to create a new thread or make major Changes I just want to substitute dropbox for the Mediafire links I posted so I would need the capability to go back and edit these old posts and have them accessible to me so i could do that. Then there is my request.

thanks
CarryChris

Please disregard this post. Dp and I posted simontainsly and it has already been taken care of thanks to Dp

carrychris2009 April 20th, 2016 19:57

I ask the Moderators if I could please briefly go back and edit a screen cap pic on one of my videos that somehow got changed a few posts ago. If you would let me go back and correct it i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
CarryChris

dp April 21st, 2016 13:01

Go ahead. :thumb:

carrychris2009 April 22nd, 2016 01:16

Thanks DP:) I an done . I will try not to abuse this . thanks so much

carrychris2009 April 24th, 2016 23:43

Hi to moderators. I tried to post a video attachment and upload but it said it was unable to complete the upload do to a missing security note. Can you Please tell me how to make one or get around it. I do not know what that even means "security note

Thanks

CarryChris

dp April 25th, 2016 21:48

Unfortunately, there is no fix for this. Somewhere in the web server configuration files, a maximum file size for uploads is set to approximately 8 MB. We would love to remove this size limit, but we don't have the power to do so. :( Not even Taylor or her tech guy can help us, as this is controlled by the hosting company that Taylor uses.

carrychris2009 April 26th, 2016 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by dp (Post 175906)
Unfortunately, there is no fix for this. Somewhere in the web server configuration files, a maximum file size for uploads is set to approximately 8 MB. We would love to remove this size limit, but we don't have the power to do so. :( Not even Taylor or her tech guy can help us, as this is controlled by the hosting company that Taylor uses.

Ok that explains it.Thanks anyway DP :)