The Lift & Carry Forums

The Lift & Carry Forums (http://landcforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://landcforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Herbiceps Forum Alternatives (http://landcforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7243)

arcang7 July 19th, 2019 01:18

Herbiceps Forum Alternatives

So as some of you guys probably know, Mike and the guys at Herbiceps shut down the forum there, which had been operating for 15 years, with all of about 24hrs notice.

If anyone knows of alternative forums for general muscle pictures and videos, it would be great to know. Especially if any of the mods from Herbiceps start up a new forum.

helomelo July 19th, 2019 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcang7 (Post 229455)
So as some of you guys probably know, Mike and the guys at Herbiceps shut down the forum there, which had been operating for 15 years, with all of about 24hrs notice.

If anyone knows of alternative forums for general muscle pictures and videos, it would be great to know. Especially if any of the mods from Herbiceps start up a new forum.

Wondered what happened there, that sucks.

dendrin July 20th, 2019 03:51

They ran a good focused site for a long time. Perhaps costs became too high and they sold the domain name

helomelo July 20th, 2019 07:14

How about the girlswithmuscle.com forum as an alternative?

arcang7 July 20th, 2019 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by dendrin (Post 229500)
They ran a good focused site for a long time. Perhaps costs became too high and they sold the domain name

Apparently what happened was that the forum was hosted on the Diana the Valkyrie servers, and when they debuted the new Herbiceps Plus site, they switched webhosts. The scummy thing was that they didn't give anyone any notice that they'd be shutting the boards, and apparently didn't even tell whoever ran the old server that they were going to do it until two days before they did it (I know, because I got an email for them apologizing about it -- and saying that they'd have stopped accepting new memberships if they'd known Mike was moving the site that soon). It was super disappointing. I'd always been a Herbiceps fan and they basically screwed their members over for the past year by barely updating the site while promising to open the new site and selling how great it would be, only to destroy the 15 year old forum on less than two days notice.

dendrin July 21st, 2019 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcang7 (Post 229507)
Apparently what happened was that the forum was hosted on the Diana the Valkyrie servers, and when they debuted the new Herbiceps Plus site, they switched webhosts. The scummy thing was that they didn't give anyone any notice that they'd be shutting the boards, and apparently didn't even tell whoever ran the old server that they were going to do it until two days before they did it (I know, because I got an email for them apologizing about it -- and saying that they'd have stopped accepting new memberships if they'd known Mike was moving the site that soon). It was super disappointing. I'd always been a Herbiceps fan and they basically screwed their members over for the past year by barely updating the site while promising to open the new site and selling how great it would be, only to destroy the 15 year old forum on less than two days notice.

Sounds like it was all all about the money for the admin (mike?)

arcang7 July 21st, 2019 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by dendrin (Post 229576)
Sounds like it was all all about the money for the admin (mike?)

Sadly, yeah. They'd promised access to all the photo archives on the new site, but as of now, that's not the case. 99% of the photos and videos from the old site are unavailable right now, with no indication when (or if) they'll ever all truly be available. They basically claim the new site is in a sort of BETA mode right now, but then why deactivate the old site until its fully ready?

helomelo July 22nd, 2019 22:52

How about the admins here create a sub forum for female muscle?

dp July 23rd, 2019 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by helomelo (Post 229623)
How about the admins here create a sub forum for female muscle?

We (the admins) are discussing it. No real objections have been raised so far, but we definitely need to ask Mistress Taylor if she is OK with it. She has hosted us for free for over 10 years, and we're not sure how much extra bandwidth this would take up. When we started, she was making a lot of L&C content, so it made sense for her to host a forum for potential customers. I am not sure how much overlap there is between the female muscle crowd and Taylor's current business.

helomelo July 28th, 2019 06:45

You can access some of the forum from 2018 backwards from the good old internet archive site... https://archive.org