The Lift & Carry Forums

The Lift & Carry Forums (http://landcforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://landcforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Female muscle section - ideas/suggestions (http://landcforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7282)

dp August 23rd, 2019 17:11

Female muscle section - ideas/suggestions

Now that we have some volunteer moderators for the female muscle section, it's probably time to talk about how we could integrate it with this forum.

The easiest solution by far is to add more sections to this forum (as opposed to hosting a separate forum on the same server). This keeps admin work to a minimum, since all the work we have done on this forum carries over (backups, usergroups and permissions, security systems, forum plugins, etc). It's also simpler for members that are interested in both L&C and female muscle, since they will have access to all the content from a single account.

I was not an active member of the herbiceps forum, so I don't remember how it was set up. I suggest that we start with a single board for female muscle; i.e., pictures, videos and everything else in one place. At least until we know how active it will be. If it turns out to be very popular, and it becomes too cluttered with a single board for everything, we can always split it into multiple boards later.

If you agree that a single board would be sufficient to get started, you can show your support by clicking the thanks button. Any ideas/suggestions are welcome though, so let me know what you think.

dendrin August 24th, 2019 00:53

The pictures portion was divided into 6 sub forums. In each sub forum, there was a separate thread for each celeb, competitor, athlete, etc

Celebrities - the most popular section. Each celeb had a seperate thread
Fitness & bodybuilding women - named competitors of body building and fitness pageants
Athletes - Known athletes like Serena Williams, Jenny Finch, and a lot of WWE wrestling women
Fashion & fitness - similar to Fitness & Bodybuilding, didnt get many posts
Abs and Legs - a pretty niche section, do we want to cover this?
Misc pictures - amateur muscle from around the web (instagram, twitter, etc)

https://i.postimg.cc/VJzVX0jC/herbiceps.jpg

Chaza August 28th, 2019 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by dendrin (Post 230880)
The pictures portion was divided into 6 sub forums. In each sub forum, there was a separate thread for each celeb, competitor, athlete, etc

Celebrities - the most popular section. Each celeb had a seperate thread
Fitness & bodybuilding women - named competitors of body building and fitness pageants
Athletes - Known athletes like Serena Williams, Jenny Finch, and a lot of WWE wrestling women
Fashion & fitness - similar to Fitness & Bodybuilding, didnt get many posts
Abs and Legs - a pretty niche section, do we want to cover this?
Misc pictures - amateur muscle from around the web (instagram, twitter, etc)

https://i.postimg.cc/VJzVX0jC/herbiceps.jpg

If we are creating an environment looking to entice members of the previous forum, then similar categories to herbiceps is probably a good idea.

But in terms of building up the board, I really would merge the last two (Ab & Legs and Misc) :). Additionally I would be tempted to get rid of “Fashion and Fitness” as I feel the majority of that could be classified as “Celebrities”, “Fitness and BodyBuilding” and “Athletes” with “Misc” picking up the rest of the slack.

In this case, less is probably more. And this way you should be able to cater for both veterans, and those generally interested in Strong Women on the current forum.

phoneman August 29th, 2019 22:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaza (Post 231105)
If we are creating an environment looking to entice members of the previous forum, then similar categories to herbiceps is probably a good idea.

But in terms of building up the board, I really would merge the last two (Ab & Legs and Misc) :). Additionally I would be tempted to get rid of ?Fashion and Fitness? as I feel the majority of that could be classified as ?Celebrities?, ?Fitness and BodyBuilding? and ?Athletes? with ?Misc? picking up the rest of the slack.

In this case, less is probably more. And this way you should be able to cater for both veterans, and those generally interested in Strong Women on the current forum.

Why have Ab, Leg and Misc? I am confused. Where would biceps go, or back muscles? I have never seen the Herbiceps site, so I do not know how they handled it.

By the way, as I recall, Herbiceps was formed by a few guys who were on the Diana the Valkyrie site in the 1990s.

zebra September 1st, 2019 00:04

It would be cool to see muscle comparisons between the larger women and smaller women. Maybe the female bodybuilders could engage in strength contests with smaller women. This could comprise one section of the female muscle board. It might be enjoyable for people who like to see size and strength disparities among women.

phoneman September 2nd, 2019 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 231196)
It would be cool to see muscle comparisons between the larger women and smaller women. Maybe the female bodybuilders could engage in strength contests with smaller women. This could comprise one section of the female muscle board. It might be enjoyable for people who like to see size and strength disparities among women.

I presume that you are prepared to post such photos or videos.

Chaza September 2nd, 2019 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoneman (Post 231139)
Why have Ab, Leg and Misc? I am confused. Where would biceps go, or back muscles? I have never seen the Herbiceps site, so I do not know how they handled it.

By the way, as I recall, Herbiceps was formed by a few guys who were on the Diana the Valkyrie site in the 1990s.

Ah DianaTheValkryie... :), before the days of yahoo groups!

And I guess I?m this example ?misc? or ?general? would be for everything else (not just abs and legs).. I can see the need to replicate the old forum. But personally I am still of the belief of ?less is more? and if too many sections are created you could essentially be left with dead or redundant sections?

Perhaps biceps (which I may falsely believe to be the most popular topic, or maybe that is just my interest?), abs, back muscles etc may be suited to specific threads?

zebra September 3rd, 2019 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoneman (Post 231274)
I presume that you are prepared to post such photos or videos.

The trick is to find them. They're not that common.

helomelo September 22nd, 2019 19:53

Not sure where things are with a possible muscle section, but thinking it should be kept simple if it's still a go. Maybe a celeb muscle and misc muscle section.

I saw some Miley Cyrus flexing and some possible Sophie Turner armwrestling in the past week, wonder how much content has been missed these past few months.

dendrin September 22nd, 2019 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by helomelo (Post 232054)
Not sure where things are with a possible muscle section, but thinking it should be kept simple if it's still a go. Maybe a celeb muscle and misc muscle section.

I saw some Miley Cyrus flexing and some possible Sophie Turner armwrestling in the past week, wonder how much content has been missed these past few months.

Yes Miley has been buffing up lately.

https://thumbs2.imagebam.com/f6/f0/c...1319209632.jpg

Still haven't seen a really good lift from her though (lifting an adult).