View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2014, 05:39   #18
TheWolfe
VIPOS

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
1 For This Post
2,747 Total

I agree with no slow motion. It makes the action seem less real and the lack of sound is distracting, obliterating whatever vocal reaction the girls have.

I also agree with a good view of the entire lift scene so I can look at whichever part I want to as I watch, which may be different each time I view it. If there was a multi-camera shoot, closeups and different angles could be cut together with a full-length establishing shot for a cool dramatic effect but I wouldn't expect such an elaborate production. I'm not opposed to some creativity in the camera angles as long as it still conveys the essence of the lift. An unusual angle I thought of recently is a mirror selfie, where the liftee holds the camera and shoots into a mirror but also flips the camera around to give a view of her legs and other interesting perspectives as the lifter holds her.

I also prefer themed videos. It maximizes the anticipation if some sort of storyline is established and you have a chance to want the lift to happen. Of course that can backfire if the talent can't pull it off. The ideal, though, would be if it looks more or less like a scene excerpted from a movie. Maybe browse through the still photo threads and pick a photo that tells a story, then recreate the moment captured in the photo in a video that brings the story to life. Demonstration videos where the girls just do lift after lift for no reason other than to make a video to me are rarely worth purchasing but I'm sure there are those here who prefer that.

Thanks for the link. I look forward to checking out your work.
Who Said Thanks:
Snowstormbanana (February 4th, 2014)