dp
Administrator
The VIP Gatekeeper

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
5,417 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendrin View Post
Good luck to her. What's really strange about this virus is it can barely effect some people, and bring others to critical condition. Much research needs to be done on it.
Yeah, there's so much conflicting information and it keeps changing. Where I live, we were first told that only very old and frail people are in danger, and for everyone else it's not much worse than a mild flu. The advice was basically to be careful so that we don't infect high-risk groups. The average age of causalities in my country was 89 (!) until recently. All of a sudden (a few days ago) a bunch of people in the 20-49 age range were sent to the intensive care unit in critical condition. Because of extremely strict privacy protection laws in my country, there is almost no information available about those affected by the virus, but the doctors have told us it appears to be completely random. Many of these people had no known health problems before this happened. According to this recent article, one third of the patients in intensive care is now younger than 50.