rowan355
STANDARD

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
3 Total
Default Problem with this site

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp View Post
"Not secure" means our forum does not use encryption (HTTPS), it's not an error.

As for the problem you're describing with photos, I have no idea. It works fine for me. Please upload some screenshots to illustrate the problem.
Begs the question . . . why doesn't the site use HTTPS? Seeking standard access, person after person attests: "My password is secure"; "I have a secure password." Interesting. Whenever I go to sign in, Firefox tells me, "Connection not secure. Logins entered here could be compromised."

Trying to go to https://landcforum.com/profile, I get "Warning:Potential Security Risk Ahead. Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to landcforum.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your password, emails, or credit card details."

As dendrin surmises in the thread entry following this, "landcforum uses invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed."

Obviously, I sign in anyway. The login is not to a bank account or such. Also, I can't imagine that anyone would even care about my login details. However, if I claim my password is secure, I'd like to be truthful. Dendrin said once upon a time in the long ago, he encountered the certificate issue but couldn't remember how he dealt with it.

Any significant issues? Just plow ahead?