filmguy
STANDARD

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
57 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflcblue View Post
Hello filmguy,

Thank you for trying to begin this thread. I could write a long posting with details of my thoughts, also with information about my work ?another time. Here are 2 notions:

1. One thing is to explain the lift and carry fans about the background and the difficulties to offer lift and carry videos online as a viable business in order to make them more sensitive against abuse and more open to support producers.

2. Another thing is not to discourage those enthusiasts, who are only 1-2 steps away from offering their stuff online by telling them how complicated and senseless it is (no viable business possible). This would be a shame.
Yeah I wasn't trying to go with 2.... don't want to discourage anyone. In fact, I hoped that maybe it would inspire more people to try it out. Even if they only produce 1 video, that's new content

But I really do think, and I think boards like this do help, as we're able to communicate with you, Davemeister, Taylor, Homoancient and others who are involved in the production of videos, we have at least a name to go with the company.... putting a human spin on the dicussion makes producers less of a "faceless corporation," and in my opinion, harder to steal from.