Old January 21st, 2012, 13:15   #6
Snowstormbanana
VIP Honored

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
342 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmguy View Post
They are not going after individuals who have uploaded, they're going after the owners for profiting off of piracy.
Yeah, you might wanna think so, but i don't think it's quite that simple.

First of all, i think it's totally ridicoulus that because megaupload had one or two servers hosted in the US means they can extradite them to the US, put them in an american court, blabla..

If they're going after the owners that profited off of piracy, oh what's this you can download right from cnet? http://download.cnet.com/windows/p2p...ntBody;sideBar

Oh no? Utorrent, bittorrent, vuze?? Now the big companies that uses CNET, are all against piracy, but then why have they let you download filesharing softward right off of there website for over a decade? If they're going after the people that made money off of piracy, i don't see why they go free?

Easy to download filesharing software..

CBS interactive does not encourage or condone the illegal duplication or distribution of illegal content

Wow, yea it's easy to say that CBS, but then why the heck is it still available through CNET!!

I'm sure you've heard of this story about the student in the UK, who didn't even upload or download any copyright infringed files, he simply just linked to a site with copyrighted material, which isn't even illegal in the UK!! He's getting extradited to USA, to be imprisoned! He just linked to copyright material, CNET have had "tutorials" of how to download copyrighted music and they let you download freaking utorrent and bittorrent right from their site, they're not getting imprisoned, are they? Noo.. But they've done it for over 10 years, the UK student just linked to a site with copyright infringed material!