View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2019, 12:28   #3
Liftboy996
STANDARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjw1971 View Post
Not currently, but my ex-wife did. When we first started dating, one of the first things she did was showing off her strength by carrying me various ways around my house, when I invited her over. (She used to lift weights back in high school and after that, helped her dad in construction, carrying a lot of heavy stuff like rolls of carpeting or tools for him. They always encouraged her to be proud of her strength, and she'd occasionally give her mom or dad a piggyback ride up the flight of stairs at their place for fun. Their weights varied but they would have been between 200-250lbs., all of which was "easy" for her to handle.)

I've told various stories about her on here over the years, but among the "highlights" I can think of, off-hand?

- At the local Gold's gym, she could do the standing calf-raises on their machine with the entire weight stack for reps, and said the only thing hard about it was the way the metal "yoke" on the machine kind of cut into her shoulders.

- We had a California king-sized waterbed at my place, and it was the kind with the pull-out drawers on each side, full of clothes, making it even heavier. She used to have this thing about dusting/cleaning the floor, including the area under the bed. So she'd sit down in the gap between the side of the bed and one wall of the bedroom, put her back against the wall with her legs tucked up against her body, and push against the bed with her feet until she had her legs fully extended and slid the whole bed to the other side of the room. When she was done cleaning that part of the floor, she'd go to the opposite wall and do the same thing again to move it back. It was really impressive to watch, especially since she always did the housecleaning in a pair of cut-off jean shorts. She used to invite me to sit on the edge of the bed while she pushed it, so I could "get a better view" of her leg muscles. Every time she did it, you could hear the wall creaking and popping as she pushed, from all the pressure she was putting on it. Knowing how strong her calves were, I even gave her the idea to point her toes after extending her legs, to scoot the bed a few more inches - so that became part of her routine too.

- Her arms were strong too, but not anything like her legs or back. She was trying to work on that at one point. So she did pushups with me lying on her back a few times. And once, she tried standing on a chair and holding her forearms out in front of her with her hands clasped together, and told me to try hanging from them. I weigh about 195 at the time and I was able to get my feet off the ground and do a partial pull-up off her arms before she gave up, saying, "Ok... that kinda hurts!"

- A guy she knew had come back from the military and dropped by to visit. They got on the subject of weight and strength and all that, at some point, and he guessed she weighed "about 150lbs." She laughed and said she was way heavier than that. He argued she couldn't be more than like 160-165. She said, "Pfft.... I'm sure I weigh more than you do!" They got out the bathroom scale and he got on, showing her he was about 189lbs. She grinned and hopped on next, saying "Check it out, little man!", as the dial sat right at the 200 mark. After that, she ducked her head between his legs and boosted him up onto her shoulders, and bet him she could carry him like that down the block. He was surprised and impressed, but embarrassed too... but hesitatingly let her try it. He wound up getting a shoulder ride to the corner store down the street. She offered him another on the way back, but he refused that one.
Wow this is amazing! You must have been a really lucky guy. Did you ever get competitive with her? Like armwrestling or someting like that?
Liftboy996 is offline   Reply With Quote