View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2023, 20:27   #130
Afffenmann
STANDARD

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
3 For This Post
437 Total

Two years ago me and a couple of friends had an open air party with a generator to power the music PA. At some point the generator was out of gas and we had to refill it. To restart it, you had to pull on a cord with quite some force. I tried a couple of times with all my strength, but for some reason it did not start. Then two or three other guys tried as well for many times - also without success. After a while we kinda gave up thinking there must be some other problem. Maybe we flooded the engine? Then a girl asked if she could try. She wasn't muscular or big, just pretty average in body type and kinda pretty. I said, sure give it a go!
So she grabbed the cord and pulled it forcefully just once. The generator immediately started on her first try. It was both unexpected and impressive, since we all had failed miserably.
Everybody cheered, since the music could go on. Nobody was embarrassed. I don't really think she was actually stronger than all the guys, even though her pull definitely was quite powerful. It's even possible that it was just pure luck. However, she did make it work after several bigger guys were unable to do it. It was pretty cool in that moment.

Last edited by Afffenmann; April 24th, 2023 at 21:40.
Who Said Thanks:
gremlin_95 (April 26th, 2023), zebra (April 25th, 2023), piggybackrides (April 24th, 2023)