Old February 1st, 2017, 20:50   #5
tjw1971
VIP Honored

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
455 Total
Default re: piggyback w/weights

Cool!

Yeah... the only time I've tried something like this with heavier weights was once, when a younger female friend's mom wanted to try carrying me with added weight. (Her mom was only a couple years older than me and was into weightlifting.) She was a black gal, about 5'7" and 148lbs. I was around 190-195lbs., and we already knew she was strong enough to carry more than my weight. She had a barbell on a weight bench that had 125lbs. of weight on it, so she had me put it across my shoulders before piggybacking me.

(She'd carried guys around who weighed 250 or 260, in the gym, but wanted to try at least 300lbs.)

That worked out pretty well.... Easier than trying to hold onto weight plates with each hand, for sure. (And I think she could have carried more, too. She handled the 310-315lbs. or so of me and the barbell pretty nicely. But I didn't know if or where she had any more weights for the barbell, and she just seemed proud of herself giving me the piggyback through her house that she did.)

Only other thing I've seen on the Internet (but never knew anyone who tried it in person) is a woman piggybacking or shoulder carrying one guy while carrying a second person (male or female) in their arms at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowspider33 View Post
Funny you should mention that, ya I've held some weights plates in my hand, and a few smaller ones in my pocket, for around an extra I think 30-40lbs, and had her piggyback me.

We also did a back to back lift in which I had 2 45 lb plates in each hand, so a total of 90 extra lbs. it was pretty akward to do as I had to hold onto the plates one in each hand, as she bent forward, i was pretty much parallel to the floor holding the weights in each. She then proceeded to walk with me and the 2 weights plates in my hand.
She actually was saying she wanted to see how much more she could do, but 45lbs were the biggest plates I had, and couldn't figure out how to be able to add more weight, since it was already akward to hold int he 1st place.

So in the least know she can pick up 340lbs and walk, but felt like she could do more