Old January 21st, 2012, 02:34   #3
Snowstormbanana
VIP Honored

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
1 For This Post
342 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneman View Post
Yes, Megaupload has been busted, people arrested, etc.

If someone had uploaded a copyrighted file, how could they protect themselves now? Just wondering what you mean.
Well, you probably know about this SOPA/PIPA thing, the thing that started Piracy was actually C-NET, for those who don't know C-NET is a 'search-thingy' hosted by i think CBS, it's also used by microsoft etc etc, from C-NET you could and can still download bitorrent, azerus, kazaa, utorrent, and you used to (not sure if you still can) be able to download directly from their site, without having to leave it COPYRIGHTED music/movies/tv-series! They even had reviews showing you how it was done! Microsoft and a lot of other huge companies invested in thepiratesbay and bitorrent! They encouraged people to download pirate-copied files for over a decade and now they're using it against YOU!

But i don't see these multi-millionaires behind bars, are they above the law because they're so wealthy?

I don't really know what can be done to protect yourself, but starting a law-suit against these companies could be a start, people has to get the word out.

There's not really much to do to protect yourself per say, i don't know why i put that there, i'll edit it out, the point is. While singlemoms and students get imprisoned and sued for a ridicoulus amount of money, the real criminals walk free, what a corrupt world we live in..
Who Said Thanks:
allffcradles (January 25th, 2012)