View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2016, 13:37   #4
Slevin
VIP Honored

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
4 For This Post
541 Total

Thanks for the replies Far and Ganju. Like I alluded to earlier, I appreciate all the content you guys pump out. I will continue to purchase a promising looking clip when I stumble across it. Once you have a a million pictures out there and all the clips4sales, it gets kinda redundant. There's probably thousands of pictures posted on this site alone that I haven't gotten around to look at. I've been over 20 years on the internet, and the earlier stuff was awesome to stumble across.

I do think some of the older stuff was some of the best content. Some of those girls, like Debbie T & Carmen from Special Interests for example, made it look so good easy, and were masters of transitioning between lifts. They also seemed to really enjoy doing the L&C. There videos gave the impression that it was their idea to lift the guys instead of being fed a script to do certain lifts in a certain order. That's part of why the Oilwrestlers site was awesome, because the guys didn't know the lifts were coming until right before they happened. In liftnet, their content was ground breaking, but it was obvious Jeff was orchestrating everything blatantly, even when on camera. Idk, different preferences I guess. He did contribute a ton and was a pioneer in his day however.

I do think we should consider a Lift and Carry Hall of Fame and where we induct a few members each year, starting with guys like Tom Nine, Hajo, Jeff Urban, the guy who started Special Interests, etc... the people who made the early VHS catalogs before the Internet. We can have nominations, and let the Admins vote on if it is time to induct them. Just a fun thought. Just so in the distant future, this small niche of fans has somewhere to look to appreciate our origins and history.

Last edited by Slevin; December 27th, 2016 at 13:54.
Who Said Thanks:
vk (January 1st, 2017), dp (December 27th, 2016), piggybackrides (December 27th, 2016), (December 27th, 2016)