Old January 8th, 2011, 21:54   #2
Fabius
VIP Honored

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
1 For This Post
214 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendrin View Post
Let us know if there are any problems with this here. We have been struggling with a way of dealing with the Youtube reposts and embedding seemed to be the best solution. We still ask newer members to be mindful of reposts but its not as big of deal now since everything is previewed. The best way to see if a Youtube clip has been posted is search for the unique Youtube ID code. All Youtube clips have a code in the URL after the = sign. If you think a Youtube clip might be a repost, copy and paste that code and do a seach. Check the screenshot if you're not sure what I'm referring to.

Lastly, if you want to give thanks or comment on a youtube clip that has been posted, do not include the actual clip in the quote, it will really clutter things up now. Thanks to Fabius for the idea!
Wow! What a surprise! Now all pages are full of colours!

Frankly I was not even aware that was possible to embed the Youtube viewer using simply the link, I supposed it was necessary to use the embed code link.
Of course this is even simpler! and surprisingly works on all links, even old ones! Great!

Still a simple hint: do not forget anyway to put as a text the full title of the clip.
It is true that it is shown already on the preview, but often yuotube clips are cancelled, sometimes banned, and in this cases no trace remains of the clip. If there is the title as text, it is still possible to search the clip in other locations.

Thanks, great improvement!
Who Said Thanks:
rwlm (January 10th, 2011)