uuthari
VIP Honored
Indian VIP 1

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
3 For This Post
1,583 Total
Default lift and carry history - ever after

Hi all

speaking of history of lift and carry, i read an interesting article.

earlier last month when i was watching the movie "Ever after" i was surprised to see a unexpected lift and carry from drew barrymore. naturally i started to read about the origin of the scene, i heard about fascinating story.

it is quiet a large story. so i will just paste the content from which i read. i hope i am not violating any plagiarism policies in this forum

In the movie, Danielle rescues the prince from gypsies by carrying him on her back. According to legend, when King Conrad III defeated the Duke of Welf (in the year 1140) and placed Weinsberg under siege, the wives of the besieged castle negotiated a surrender which granted them the right to leave with whatever they could carry on their shoulders. The king allowed them that much. Leaving everything else aside, each woman took her own husband on her shoulders and carried him out. When the king's people saw what was happening, many of them said that that was not what had been meant and wanted to put a stop to it. But the king laughed and accepted the women's clever trick. "A king" he said, "should always stand by his word."
Who Said Thanks:
portares (October 16th, 2018), zebra (October 10th, 2018), piggybackrides (October 7th, 2018)