View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2015, 08:51   #27
ibmsony101
VIP Honored

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
462 Total

Thank you very much for this helpful post. I have wondered for many years as to why I would have such a strange fetish though I am grateful that it is not dangerous or harmful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaza View Post
I am familiar with this article. I wouldn't go so far as to say "a disorder" I think that terms of positively out of date. Much like being homosexual (a simular discussion was had 30-40 years ago), if you have a fetish there is absolutely nothing wrong with you!

Zestra (link here) discusses this topic. And discusses the possible causation of fetishes in general. The blog theorsisises that fetishing can be imprinted (associated with sex at an early age), caused by displacement (it could be we were not lifted much as children) or even neurological.

People who are prone to kinkinesses and fetishes via a neurological standpoint, may have slight neurological imbalances.... (Infact I don't like using the word imbalance, as this refers to there being a norm)... this is where associations in the brain are cross wired slightly differently.

As being someone slightly dyspraxic: a neurological disorder, scientifically proven to make me more prone to picking up sexual fetishes. I can personally say, all theories above are applicable to myself. You can get treatment, to get it to "go away". But you can also apply the same treatment to fundermenally change any aspect of your personality.

I have chosen to embrace my fetish. After all, it's who I am and nothings wrong with that .