View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2022, 19:39   #120
johnp
STANDARD

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
3 For This Post
16 Total

A few weeks ago I decided to buy bark chippings for the flower beds in my garden. I went to the garden centre and saw they had very large bags on special offer. I paid for 3 bags and got a flat trolley to take them back to my truck. I tried to lift one from the stack and found it was extremely heavy so I pulled it down on to the trolley. I decided to take one at a time and went back to my truck. I bent down to pick it up and found there was no way I would be able to lift it on my own.
While I pondered my options (get help or ask for a refund), a fit looking lady wearing a garden centre outfit approached me and said it looked like I needed a hand. I gladly accepted and bent down take one side of the bag, expecting her take the other side. She said she would manage herself and lifted the bag on to the truck. I thanked her and she started to walk away. I was embarrassed to tell her I had 2 more bags to collect. She said it was no problem. She took the trolley, collected the other bags and loaded them on to my truck.
As I thanked her again she said that this batch of chippings were soaking wet making the bags very heavy and she had to help several other customers load them in to their vehicles.
Who Said Thanks:
ljakse (July 23rd, 2022), piggybackrides (July 17th, 2022), caracal25 (July 16th, 2022)