View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2019, 13:47   #5
tjw1971
VIP Honored

Default re: competitive

You know, we never did arm-wrestle. I know that's popular as a "test of strength" but I've always felt like it doesn't tend to prove a whole lot, because so much is about arm position and leverage. (You often see two people arm wrestling and one has their arm out a lot further from their body than the other one, causing them to lose. Or one or both people keep re-positioning their elbows during the match, which keeps shifting around who has better leverage at that point in time.) Also, I remember her telling a story one time about someone who got really badly injured while arm wrestling, when she was in school. So I got the idea she wasn't a fan of it .....

We used to play wrestle occasionally, though. And I'd say we were pretty evenly matched. I was a few inches taller than her but she outweighed me by maybe 10lbs. or so. She was pretty tough to pin, because she was strong enough to do several push-ups with me lying on her back. If i was able to sit or kneel completely on her upper back near her shoulders, then she'd struggle to get 1 push-up -- but hard to do that while wrestling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liftboy996 View Post
Wow this is amazing! You must have been a really lucky guy. Did you ever get competitive with her? Like armwrestling or someting like that?
tjw1971 is offline   Reply With Quote