Old January 4th, 2018, 05:39   #40
allffcradles
VIPOS

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
1,154 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by randombytes View Post

Btw, my usage of the term straddle is a nod to all the pioneers here.. The term seems to have fallen out of favour.
Never has from what I saw, just a lot of people aren't specific with naming and descriptions, lots of internet users do not speak english as a main language and many that do frankly are so bad they should be sent back to school.

I use straddle to specify the legs are wrapped around the lifter and front lift would be loose legs, has never fallen out of favour with me to be more specific just as people differentiate between an ots and fireman though both are over the shoulder. Though the internet lingo is pretty dismal anyhow terms get bastardised or are downright incorrect yet as almost everyone starts using it it is accepted (Example, for many years was told from World of warcraft people use dps (damage per second) to describe characters focused on doing damage. That is not an intuitive acronym, dmg would have been better. Worse still a lot of people use dps as a verb in place of attacking/doing damage to something. Their english language teachers would surely cringe to see how far they've fallen, I know mine would if I sank that low. (She was very finicky, she'd call you out for saying 'bellyache' as to her belly is for animal stomachs specifically hehe)