View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2019, 18:24   #55
tjw1971
VIP Honored

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
1 For This Post
455 Total
Default Yeah...

I think the bottom line is, anyone from ANY country could become really strong if they work out enough and eat the right diet. You're going to see some great examples from crossfitters and the like, from all parts of the globe.

At least for the younger American girls doing competitive sports though? I think most coaches emphasize weight training a lot more than they used to, as an integral part of their exercise/practice.

Just the other night, I went out to this pizza place to grab dinner and a bus pulled up with a team of, I presume, high-school seniors, who won a softball game. The legs on at least 1/2 to 3/4ths. of them were impressively muscular, with several I'd put in the "massive" category. At least a few looked like they regularly leg press the full stack of weights in the gym.

And I'm just seeing more and more of that, lately. One of our kids is friends with an 8th. grader who plays soccer and a couple other sports, and it's insane how hard/far she can kick a ball. Just goofing around, I've seen her say "Bet I can kick this ball up over your house and land it in the back yard of the one across the street!" - and she proceeds to do it, perfectly. There's no way I can do that as a grown man.
Who Said Thanks:
phoneman (September 9th, 2019)