View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2014, 16:11   #13
Temeraire
VIP

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
640 Total

Hi Daphne. Thank you so much for producing these new videos. It's very refreshing to see new overhead lifts. They are quite rare, no doubt because they are difficult to perform, but they are very much appreciated.

While watching the videos, I noticed it was quite difficult for Serena to hold Jenny overhead. The lifts were extremely impressive and I am not detracting from the feats. However, her arms were slightly bent and, as anyone who has lifted someone overhead will know, bent arms become tired very, very quickly. If the arms are locked out straight, an overhead lift can be sustained for a significantly longer time.

Another useful hint when lifting (ladies in particular) overhead from a shoulder level is to angle the liftee slightly while at shoulder level so that the liftee's lower body is slightly higher than their upper body before pushing upwards. This makes the lower body slightly easier to lift. The upper body is generally easier to lift anyway and the liftee can help by pushing against the lifter's shoulder. The key is not letting the lower body drop below the upper body while pushing upwards - that's when failure tends to occur.

Just thought I'd pass on a few experiences. Thanks again for the videos and keep up the good work!!