Old July 1st, 2018, 18:05   #93
robert
VIP

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
302 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneman View Post
I am not a producer and never have been. Robert, do you have any idea what it costs to produce a clip? How much are the performers paid and what are productions costs? How many copies are sold before the clip is stolen and put on the internet without payment to the producer?

Think about those things before you determine what is over priced.
I am legitimately not aware of all of that information and I bet it's not easy to make a well directed, high quality clip regardless of how expensive it is.

But what I am doing here is simply describing the reality we are facing. I have no margin for that but I reckon not many people are able to pay such money for something they can have for free including myself. You just need to browse social networks all around the net to see variety of them.

I would love to have these quality worthy clips and I am happily willing to pay for it but a middle-class customer like me -as a student- has different priorities in life. Furthermore, one customer -potentially- would purchase more than just one clip and the sum of that could go quite crazy in the long term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneman View Post
How many copies are sold before the clip is stolen and put on the internet without payment to the producer?
This is definitely not my fault to be punished for. It's their job to protect their business and just adding up the price to cover the loss is the easiest solution and simply not fair.

To sums up, I suppose the profit margin of the business is good enough to make them consider a bit of adjustment.

Last edited by robert; July 2nd, 2018 at 08:35.