dp
Administrator
The VIP Gatekeeper

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
5,414 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflcblue View Post
...OK, it is not viable, ...you have to work a lot for free; ...then you still have to accept, that you have no control over what happens with your material on the web.

For me personally it would be an essential argument, when the IT-technic had a solution against this increasing problem. Though it might be very unpopular: when customers would accept (...and I know, that this is a critical point...), that they could only see the videos for a limited time (3, 6, 12 months), but could not download them, I could rather accept, that it might be a hobby for me to offer videos. Maybe there are other upcoming new technics, that you can download videos but not distribute it over the web. Actually I belief, that there will be new solutions in future.
Sorry to disappoint you, but the technology you want will never exist. Anyone could point a camera to the screen and record the video in sufficient quality for this kind of fetish material.

Besides, on open platforms such as PCs and Macs, a determined person can even bypass any kind of protection to enable perfect copies. The reason is that no matter what you do, your customers must be able to receive and play back the content on their own computer. This means that any kind of protection can be bypassed by reverse engineering the software used for viewing your video. This is one of the reasons why game developers prefer consoles such as PS3 and Xbox 360 to the PC. (The consoles are locked down in hardware so that only software approved by Sony and Microsoft can run on them.)

Technology can never prevent your material from being distributed illegally, but there are digital watermarking technologies that can make it easier to track down those responsible for distributing your stuff illegally.