Old February 21st, 2018, 03:14   #9
allffcradles
VIPOS

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
1,153 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suede_shoes View Post
Obviously it depends on the man and it depends on the woman. In general men are stronger because in general men are bigger. Size does matter. But you get a man and a woman who are close to the same size and you get a better comparison.

A woman could easily have stronger legs/hips/thighs than a man if they're roughly the same size and build. The man might have the capacity to get bigger and stronger, but most of them don't.

Some women, like my girlfriend Jessica, who start out bigger and stronger than average and work out a lot are going to be stronger than even a lot of men who work out. *Most* people don't work out on a regular basis anyway. Most of my friends I go to the gym with are smaller than me and aren't necessarily fitness buffs. They just go to try to stay active and healthy. I push myself a little harder than most of them. They aren't shocked that they can't match her, because she's taller than they are and more fit. They probably fit in the category of "average" guy. Are there guy at our gym stronger than my GF? Definitely, but they're some big dudes. We're talking maybe the top 10%.

My cousin, however, is more of a fitness buff. He's about her height (just under 6 feet), and probably about 200 lbs if I had to guess. He can squat more than my GF, but he can't budge her weight on the adduction machine and has trouble keeping up with her on some of the other leg machines. She also slammed him leg wrestling. He was surprised but not shocked, because even though he's strong, her legs are visibly bigger.

And incidentally, the world record for Wall Sits is held by a teeny tiny asian woman. So there you go. Who else has a story? I could give more specific stories about Jessica at the gym... but someone else chime in!
No I still hold majority of cases men are stronger with legs even within similar sized in raw power at least so it doesn't hold true men are stronger just cos we're bigger most cases. If it were more divided you'd not have sports etc split into gender categories, part of me would prefer that anyway I don't believe women can't run faster than men for example, re strength, stamina is more open ended I fully support that and women tend to live longer (How much of that is down to medical reasons is up for debate though, got to totally eliminate differences in lifestyle to prove this) but sure they have some areas superior for longevity.