Go Back   The Lift & Carry Forums > Miscellaneous > General Discussion

Old March 8th, 2010, 23:53   #1
dendrin
Administrator

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
10,930 Total
Default Youtube....sloooooow

I've noticed Youtube has been dreadfully slow the last couple months. Especially on the high defenition videos. I'm guessing they (Google) don't want to pay for the bandwidth upgrade seeing how Youtube doesn't really make money outside of a few ads.
Old March 9th, 2010, 00:29   #2
phoneman
Administrator

0 For This Post
3,073 Total

Either that or they have the same bandwidth and eat it up with ads and pop ups.
Old March 9th, 2010, 01:56   #3
winniethebeer
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
8,727 Total

check this:

http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2...ube-video.html

you can see how your yotuube connection speed compares to the rest of the world
Old March 9th, 2010, 04:28   #4
carrychris2009
VIP Honored
Indian VIP 3

0 For This Post
1,018 Total

I have some people who pointed out that videos were not play from my youtube group and they were right. the video info or page would pop up and the screen but the video would not play. wonder if this is connected with this.
Old March 9th, 2010, 04:33   #5
carrychris2009
VIP Honored
Indian VIP 3

0 For This Post
1,018 Total

just went to youtube now. to check it out. you-tube says it is under temporary maintenance and will be usable soon. that might be it.
Old March 10th, 2010, 08:58   #6
rwlm
VIP Honored
King of Intergender Wrestling

0 For This Post
1,164 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrychris2009 View Post
just went to youtube now. to check it out. you-tube says it is under temporary maintenance and will be usable soon. that might be it.
no, that is not the case, was not working before maintence and after maintence. 0F THE 12 GROUPS u have at carrychris2010 channel, only 2 groups work. ray's lift and carry group and ray's lift and carry from movies - f/m for both. and ray's other 3 groups work also. i had problems adding a clip approx 4 months ago, would not let me, and have not try since then. for both lift and carry groups have just now deleated all the video that was unavailable. i will do the same for other 3 groups soon. will also keep the clips under 500 clips for each group which is the limit allowed by youtube. chris my friend i really dont know what to say - maybe contact youtube and find out why. ALSO if u delete all the video's unavailable might help. U are welcome to copy all the clips i have if u decide to create 2 new groups a f/f group and a f/m group. best of luck and hope u get this problem fixed. ray
Old March 10th, 2010, 09:31   #7
rwlm
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
1,164 Total

Quote:
I have some people who pointed out that videos were not play from my youtube group and they were right. the video info or page would pop up and the screen but the video would not play. wonder if this is connected with this.
ALSO want to mention that i'm unable to get u group added to my groups. i joined, unjoined and join BUT your group does not come up, when i click show all groups. i also find that when i come to this forum, it is now taking me a lot longer, haft to wait 80 secs to get here. i get to youtube almost strait away on clicking, what's going on, why so long to get here at this forum. when u make a post, it nows takes forever it seems like before post is added. today is the slowest on record to add a post.

Last edited by rwlm; March 10th, 2010 at 09:46.
Old March 10th, 2010, 10:51   #8
rwlm
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
1,164 Total

Quote:
is it possible that users whom had their youtube account suspended from uploads, whom also created youtube groups from this youtube account that was suspended, youtube have taken action to freeze their groups also. ? I NEVER DO UPLOADS, DONT KNOW HOW, ANYWAY, NEVER EXCEEDED the limit allowed is this the reason my groups are there, and not others?.
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:24   #9
rwlm
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
1,164 Total

ray has given his personal and expert advice on WHY l/c GROUPS Are not working anymore EXCEPT FOR MY 5 L/C GROUPS. AT CARRYCHRIS BOOSTING GROUP - THE REAL DEAL. and IF u try TO MODERATE VIDEO'S by this i mean deleating yhe unavailable clips YOUTUBE are giving owners hours of extra time to do so, under normal circustances when only take a few minutes, BUT for poor carrychris would time 4 months, lots of headacres and throwing tantums of what youtube has done to the owners of groups.
Old March 13th, 2010, 07:53   #10
rwlm
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
1,164 Total
Red face go to help at youtube, then click onto current site issue

YOUTUBE are AWARE of the many PROBLEMS they have. there is a bug in the system. they say they have fixed up youtube clips that are frozen or unable to play, BUT this seem not to be the case for youtube group clips. it up to the owners of these groups to report any issue they have thats not working. i have just reported, unable to remove clips from playlist, that are no longer available - i get a invalid request when i try. youtube knows about this problem but i still reported it. ALL u need to do is go to the bottom of youtube page, click on HELP, then click onto current site issues.