The Lift & Carry Forums

Go Back   The Lift & Carry Forums > Miscellaneous > General Discussion

View Poll Results: You are into L&C most likely because .... ?
Genetic 24 23.08%
Environmental 43 41.35%
A combination of both 34 32.69%
whats... genetic ? 3 2.88%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 8th, 2011, 09:52   #31
Leobor
VIP Honored

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
1,695 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucebarnes View Post
Ok, now you all have got me curious.

Several of you say that LC fetish tends to start at a very young age.
One person actually thinks he's 1st noticed it at 4-5 years old!

None the less, what age do boys start liking girls?
Seems like it's around adolescence or at least 11 or 12 years old at a miminum.

So does anyone recall having the LC interest BEFORE they started being attracted to girls?
And if so, what was it that you like about being lifted if girls didn't yet pop into your head?

I believe "normal" childhood development involves playing with one's self at very young ages, long before they develop attraction to the opposite sex.
So maybe if something went wrong there and they turned to LC, it would make sense that LC started before the adolescent girl attraction began.
But again, I'm fascinated as to what form it took in those early tender years?

I myself don't really recall thinking about LC until I was attracted to girls.
But maybe I need to rack my memory harder...
I have to disappoint you, but I started to like girls at when I was about 4-5 years old. I didnt know what sex is BTW, I just had emotional connection which I was aware of.

I also remember i liked movies where guys were picking up girls and I remember I wanted to do the same. I fantasized about that too. First time I lifted a girl was when I was in kinder garden (5-6 years old) - I picked her up from behind, and I was pleased.
Old February 8th, 2011, 18:45   #32
warthog
STANDARD

0 For This Post
3 Total

I was turned on by watching cartoon characters lift each other WAY before I was thinking about sex (I didn't know what it meant to be turned on, just really enjoyed watching the scene). I do think it's genetic in some way, probably like most other character traits.
Old June 25th, 2011, 14:20   #33
Altitude
STANDARD

0 For This Post
22 Total

Interesting topic. The whole genetics vs environmental influence on traits and behaviours issue is a lot more complex than people like to make out. From what i gather currenmt thinking is that epigenetic factors, the interaction of genes and enviroment in a developing organism, are very important in determining individual traits. People with very similar genes and very similar upbringings can be very different. Theres evidence to suggest that tendencies towards personality traits can be determined by exposure to hormones during early development. Its easy to imagine tendencies towards certain fetishes being influenced in a similar way. Its not necessarily a case of "my dad liked x therfore it is determined that i like x also".

I read somewhere that sthenolagnia (arousal from displays of strength) is one of the most common fetishes among bot sexes. I guess LnC would fall under that umbrella, with a subset of people for whom it is a primary focus. I'm guessing theres a lot of people out there who enjoy it but who have other focuses and probably never considered seeking out forums/videos etc.

Personally i disinctly recall being interest in being lifted by/ lifting girls from a ver young age, like 3 or 4 years old. I had a lot of female friends as a kid and figured out i was atracted to girls very early on. of course i had no idea about sex at that point, it was more like just a desire for physical contact. I'm sure those formative experiences were an influence on my specific desires later in life, LnC being one of them. Interestingly i find myself drawn to girls who share physical characteristics, eg. the way they smell, particular types of hair and skin with the girls i played with as a kid. Wierd i can remember that stuff huh?
Old June 25th, 2011, 21:09   #34
vk
Administrator

0 For This Post
139 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
Its easy to imagine tendencies towards certain fetishes being influenced in a similar way.
It is easy to imagine but IMHO it does not make sense. Because, in fact, you could say exactly the same thing about homosexuality. However homosexuality cannot be genetic or epigenetic, since homosexuals don't make kids.
Old June 26th, 2011, 05:22   #35
winniethebeer
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
8,727 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by vk View Post
However homosexuality cannot be genetic or epigenetic, since homosexuals don't make kids.
well a homosexual can have a kid with a straight partner and if it is genetic it would be a recessive gene
Old June 26th, 2011, 13:22   #36
vk
Administrator

0 For This Post
139 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniethebeer View Post
well a homosexual can have a kid with a straight partner and if it is genetic it would be a recessive gene
Yes but only a small number of homosexuals have kids with a straight partner so, recessive or not, the population of homosexuals would rapidly decresase, which is not what we observe ...
Old June 26th, 2011, 15:27   #37
Altitude
STANDARD

0 For This Post
22 Total

Quote:
It is easy to imagine but IMHO it does not make sense. Because, in fact, you could say exactly the same thing about homosexuality. However homosexuality cannot be genetic or epigenetic, since homosexuals don't make kids.
My point was that the genetic determinism vs. learned behavior is a false dichotomy. You dont need a "gay gene" to be passed on by a gay parent to make a kid that is hard wired to be homosexual. The influence of the environment an embyo develops in on gene expression, exposure to hormores/chemicals in the womb etc. is a big factor in determining how the animal developes, and may turn out to be as big a contributing factor to the animals charicteristics as the raw genetic material.
Old June 26th, 2011, 22:27   #38
winniethebeer
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
8,727 Total

Quote:
Yes but only a small number of homosexuals have kids with a straight partner so, recessive or not, the population of homosexuals would rapidly decresase, which is not what we observe ...
the homosexual population doesn't decrease because recessive genes are present in non-homosexuals too, many who DO reproduce.
Old June 28th, 2011, 05:38   #39
gaga141444
Account Disabled by Request

0 For This Post
73 Total

L&C has to be genetic in some way - I personally remember when I was 3-5 liking it immensly (getting turned on from a kids perspective) when beautiful people were lifting. I also would really get charged when some good looking aunts/cousins would lift and place me on thier hip or in their lap. I remember thinking that this was not typically masculine (I was 5), but would still find it immensly pleasurable to be held by them.
Old June 30th, 2011, 15:29   #40
ljakse
VIP

0 For This Post
476 Total

Quote:
Actually, homosexuals DOES make kids. Because same sex marriage is something new in the World and still not legal in most countries. Also, homosexuality is still a taboo and shame in almost any social environment, so homos mostly live in same way as the general population. So they get married with opposite sex, have children and force themselves whole lifetime not to be what they really are - homosexuals.
I don`t say homosexuality is genetic, but it could be.

And about L&C, I don`t know. It could be also genetic, but I don`t believe there aren`t the other factors. I think childhood plays most important role in generating sexual behavior.