The Lift & Carry Forums

Go Back   The Lift & Carry Forums > Miscellaneous > General Discussion

View Poll Results: You are into L&C most likely because .... ?
Genetic 24 23.08%
Environmental 43 41.35%
A combination of both 34 32.69%
whats... genetic ? 3 2.88%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 18th, 2009, 21:19   #11
tjw1971
VIP Honored

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
461 Total
Post Yeah, not the same ....

I mean, obviously, I can't speak for everyone. I'm sure there *are* guys out there into the lift/carry thing because it appeals to their "feminine side" or whatever.

But I also see all sorts of other aspects to it. For example, what about guys who are into it because it's a form of dominance to them? (EG. Mainly interested in seeing a small gal struggle to carry a much bigger guy.)

What about guys who are simply into the idea of tall/amazon women, and see this as an extension of it? (EG. She's *so* big and tall, she can lift me like it's nothing....) An admiration of really tall women doesn't seem like it has much of anything to do with a gender preference. (Sure, most women happen to prefer taller guys, but I don't think they're especially interested in MUCH taller guys, as a general rule. Some would be, just as a few probably like short guys.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicbunny View Post
I think Liftme71 is associating the fetish of bieng lifted with something feminine. I am suprised however that many people in this board think that this is not genetic when a lot of human behavior is (Sorry Leobor ). I respectfully disagree with you winniethebear. I have had exposure to many fetishes as a kid. I mean I would see movies where people would play with someones foot or smoke a ciggarate and I would never be attracted to that. I was however attracted to someone bieng carried even in the absence of sexual overtones.
Old August 19th, 2009, 17:30   #12
Liftme71
STANDARD

0 For This Post
14 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjw1971 View Post
....What about guys who are simply into the idea of tall/amazon women, and see this as an extension of it? (EG. She's *so* big and tall, she can lift me like it's nothing....)
Thats also a feminine Side. Ststistics says that 90% of all Woman would prefer tall Men.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 00:14   #13
ramonra
VIP

0 For This Post
167 Total

I think there are variations, because this fetish is quite different from person to person.
Some want to be lifted by taller girls, some prefer muscular bodybuilders, some like to be lifted by a girl that struggles to lift him, others prefer girls that lift them as they were feathers...

Myself I prefer hot girls to lift me, no preference if they are smaller or taller as long as they are *hot* :P. I prefer that she has an easy time carrying me, and the longer the better.

I chose genetic. Why? Because I remember feeling something strange as young as 6 when girls my age piggybacked me. And another good reason, because I just figured out that my brother likes to see videos on youtube of girls kicking boys asses...

Probably the environment has an influence on how you develop this, but I think there is a genetic base.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 00:54   #14
ownsville
STANDARD

0 For This Post
18 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leobor View Post
I dont think anything with a human behaviour is genetic.
Right on, that way lies excuses and letting criminals and crap parents off the hook.
Old June 22nd, 2010, 01:08   #15
ownsville
STANDARD

0 For This Post
18 Total

I think it's nurture, manifesting things at early ages is not evidence of genetic trends. In fact, I don't think there is data in our cells that can actually dictate 'preferring' being lifted or finding it arousing.

That's all stuff we pick up along the way, and that's not to say the ways we do so are not as mysterious or confusing as if they were lost in our genes somewhere.

We might be genetically predisposed toward seeking protection from a strong woman, maybe - but again, that's something that can be altered by different nurturing...I could run myself around in circles about this but basically your genes determine certain things (ie, they definitely had a hand in me hating maths and liking English at school, because I'm crap at one and ok at the other) and set the bassline for your nurture/development/learning. Your cells CAN'T contain data about sexual preferences, they only contain the desire to have sex - with something, anything. It's your nurture that determines whether you're raised left, right, up, down, straight, bi, bent, or just downright indifferent. If we didn't have nurture we wouldn't even be debating this because we'd all be having sex with whatever had a hole, like the species used to some millenia ago. I don't think they recognised L&C back then.

In fact, and if I may digress, I don't think L&C has been around as a sexual fascination for very long at all in the grand scheme of things - late 1800's at the earliest. The only instances I can think of it having any outlet to become anything more than a stunt at a travelling show were...well, travelling shows, I guess! Early 1900's you've got circuses and strongmen/women who used to do stuff like carry people around and it was a big deal because it blew gender roles out of the window. Then in the 50's/60's you get Virgil Crumb who kind of raised its profile in a camp/perplexing way and now we have youtube and the rest of the net and it's an obscure little club that's actually starting to slowly accrue momentum as people crawl out of the net and into the fetish. L&C probably saw a peak back in the eighties when muscle fitness was all the rage and you had loads of 'powerhouses' in both genders - cynthia roth-whatshername, Grace Jones (yeah, they weren't necessarily lifters, but there was that wave of "girls are as strong as guys" following Lundgren, Stallone and Schwarzenegger around hollywood).

There's a good topic to start if it hasn't been done yet - have we got any L&C historians here?
Old June 22nd, 2010, 05:59   #16
brucebarnes
VIP Honored
The Professor

0 For This Post
332 Total

No, not genetic.

I don't believe fetishes in general are genetic.
They are adaptations of deviation from "normal" behavior, perhaps due to deviation in childhood development, or perhaps due to psychological issues by which defense mechanisms are working at hand, or maybe just no great reason --for example, maybe someone working in a shoe store where a lot of cute woman come in (don't know if such a store exists) that sees and touches their feet all day develops a fancy to them (of course, that would still probably be a defense mechanism thing because they don't have the confidence to ask them out, only to enjoy their feet...).

Something that I'll share with the group abnormal about my upbringing is that must have lead to this is:
1) I never "played with myself" as a child during the years that they say it's normal and expected.
Simply, it just didn't happen naturally or by "accident". It's notthat I didn't want to, I just didn't know I was supposed to. lol.
2) No one tought me the "birds and bees" as a kid.
It wsn't until I was much older and actually learned it in school (probably pre-teen!)

As a result, as a pre-teen, I never fantasized about sex because I never used my "tool" for anything besides pee-ing!.
Yet, I developed sexual desires, like anyone, so I guess they had to attach to something else.
It was later in life that I slowly "transitioned" into the idea of actual "sex", but since the lift/carry desire came first, as they say, it's hard to appreciate your future love/passions as much as the 1st.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 01:14   #17
winniethebeer
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
8,727 Total

genetics is overrated
Old June 23rd, 2010, 07:18   #18
mark.johnson21
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
151 Total

It's probably both, but I'm sure genetics have a part in it. For instance, I recently found out that one of my ancestors was a short guy who married a strong, tall woman... and I have no doubt in my mind that lift and carry was part of that.

Just as innate behavior can sometimes be attributed to genetics (ever been told that everybody in your family is paranoid?), why can't innate sexual instincts?
Old June 23rd, 2010, 11:33   #19
brucebarnes
VIP Honored
The Professor

0 For This Post
332 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.johnson21 View Post
It's probably both, but I'm sure genetics have a part in it. For instance, I recently found out that one of my ancestors was a short guy who married a strong, tall woman... and I have no doubt in my mind that lift and carry was part of that.

Just as innate behavior can sometimes be attributed to genetics (ever been told that everybody in your family is paranoid?), why can't innate sexual instincts?
My belief...
LC is too... "sophisticated" a thing to be genetic like you describe with your ancestor. I think that's strictly coincidence.

However, I do think genetics play their part in a foundation for being prone to certain things, but certainly not somethign as specific as LC.
Genetics can contribute to the foundation for say, sexual or other deviations, intelligence, etc.
I have a friend with severe OCD (Obsessive compulsive disorder).
What I find interesting is tht his entire family suffers from somethng abnormal --his brother was a homo-sexual, hus sister has severe depression issues, and in my friends case, everything is "normal" except for the severe OCD.
All 3 siblings are extremely intelligent.
Their parents are 100% "normal" so-to speak, the father bneing a physicion.

So it's like the combination of 2 "normal", intelligent parents somehow mixed in a way that produced children with maybe a brain chemical imballance that manifested itself in 3 totally different ways for each of the 3 children.

My point again being that I think genetics can play into the development of a LC fetish, but if a "deviation from normal" occurs, it can manifest in many different ways, LC being an obscure one, and that particular seldom traveled path is due to development environmental factors.
But indeed, it can all be environmental with no genetics as well.

--again, just my personal "armchair psychology" opinions.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 12:12   #20
Leobor
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
1,683 Total

Bruce, in my opinion something is very wrong with their familmy (of course within walls of their home). Parents probably done something wrong in raising of those children.

I repeat - I dont think genetics has anything to do with it, but maybe in certain way yes. It looks like that small or skinny guys are more likely to be attracted to tall and stronger girls, and explanation is simple - subcontiously they want to make their bloodline stronger and taller (meaning on their children). That would be interesting subject to investigate among us - were we all in childhood or teen-years a little bit wimpy. If answer is positive - we would have something like explanation.