Old May 24th, 2010, 22:45   #21
rflcblue
Producer

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
874 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by intolnc View Post
Very interesting and detailed post, rflcblue.
Sadly I already own all the online video-pools on your site, so as long as there's no new content, I can't pay! Well, I'd even go for the other un-edited material that you haven't uploaded yet, if there's any way.
I know there were a couple of good customers and I am sorry for them. Thank you for your interest, intolnc.
Old May 25th, 2010, 05:02   #22
Coolbeans
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
1,310 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflcblue View Post
I know there were a couple of good customers and I am sorry for them. Thank you for your interest, intolnc.
Obviously it is understood why it would be hard for you to keep your site going. Quite a shame as you were really coming along with your videos. Here's hoping you can find a way to update your site again with new material at some point.

And on that note, it would appear that the lift/carry site from Argentina (http://www.esforzadas.com.ar/) is now dead in the water (the link doesn't even work anymore). Also a shame as there were some VERY attractive women performing lifts on that site. Was anyone lucky enough to be a member while it was available?
Old May 25th, 2010, 07:22   #23
cmcwmod
Administrator

0 For This Post
1,000 Total

Well, just like newspapers, Hollywood Studios and record labels, L&C is unable to find a viable business model on the web...

At least thanks for the effort, rflcblue. There were some good videos on your site.
Old May 25th, 2010, 18:35   #24
rflcblue
Producer

0 For This Post
874 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolbeans View Post
Obviously it is understood why it would be hard for you to keep your site going. Quite a shame as you were really coming along with your videos. Here's hoping you can find a way to update your site again with new material at some point.
Yes, I had to stop it. It is a process for me. Now I can see if I am missing something. But this is my very personal part. Then I wanted to support this idea to show people by concrete facts what goes into running such a site. There is a necessity for trying to improve the current situation.

...as to the argentinian website, I missed it.

...at least my site helped me to improve my english knolledges. I always read and write this with an online dictionary.
Old May 25th, 2010, 19:41   #25
rflcblue
Producer

0 For This Post
874 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcwmod View Post
Well, just like newspapers, Hollywood Studios and record labels, L&C is unable to find a viable business model on the web...
...OK, it is not viable, ...you have to work a lot for free; ...then you still have to accept, that you have no control over what happens with your material on the web.

For me personally it would be an essential argument, when the IT-technic had a solution against this increasing problem. Though it might be very unpopular: when customers would accept (...and I know, that this is a critical point...), that they could only see the videos for a limited time (3, 6, 12 months), but could not download them, I could rather accept, that it might be a hobby for me to offer videos. Maybe there are other upcoming new technics, that you can download videos but not distribute it over the web. Actually I belief, that there will be new solutions in future.
Old May 25th, 2010, 21:58   #26
Leobor
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
1,676 Total

I have to say something. I ordered 2 clips from chloecreations, and I was very satisfied. BUT, I payed them 55 USD each (110 together) and then I saw (for my big surprice) that those site is selling those clips for 3 USD each.

Is that all right for a custumer? I think not, as it looks like I made myself an idiot. The only thing I should do is wait for a custum clip for someone to order and then pay it 3 dollars I guess.
Old May 25th, 2010, 22:14   #27
dp
Administrator
The VIP Gatekeeper

0 For This Post
5,408 Total

Quote:
...OK, it is not viable, ...you have to work a lot for free; ...then you still have to accept, that you have no control over what happens with your material on the web.

For me personally it would be an essential argument, when the IT-technic had a solution against this increasing problem. Though it might be very unpopular: when customers would accept (...and I know, that this is a critical point...), that they could only see the videos for a limited time (3, 6, 12 months), but could not download them, I could rather accept, that it might be a hobby for me to offer videos. Maybe there are other upcoming new technics, that you can download videos but not distribute it over the web. Actually I belief, that there will be new solutions in future.
Sorry to disappoint you, but the technology you want will never exist. Anyone could point a camera to the screen and record the video in sufficient quality for this kind of fetish material.

Besides, on open platforms such as PCs and Macs, a determined person can even bypass any kind of protection to enable perfect copies. The reason is that no matter what you do, your customers must be able to receive and play back the content on their own computer. This means that any kind of protection can be bypassed by reverse engineering the software used for viewing your video. This is one of the reasons why game developers prefer consoles such as PS3 and Xbox 360 to the PC. (The consoles are locked down in hardware so that only software approved by Sony and Microsoft can run on them.)

Technology can never prevent your material from being distributed illegally, but there are digital watermarking technologies that can make it easier to track down those responsible for distributing your stuff illegally.
Old May 25th, 2010, 23:17   #28
dendrin
Administrator

0 For This Post
10,905 Total

I agree with dp. Basically, you can fight technology only to a point. As I said before, pretty sure illegal distribution was not the problem. I bet you would be successful on your next try with a little better advertising, cost cutting, and better luck on your market timing (avoiding recessions )
Old May 25th, 2010, 23:20   #29
rflcblue
Producer

0 For This Post
874 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp View Post
Sorry to disappoint you, but the technology you want will never exist. ...
Thank you for the information, dp. I should have supposed, that it would not be so easy. So I have no solution, though I generally don?t mind sharing my videos with serious people. And finally I feel a little bit like Leobor in that post before and I better don?t speak about my damage.
Old May 26th, 2010, 00:17   #30
Leobor
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
1,676 Total

Quote:
Thank you for the information, dp. I should have supposed, that it would not be so easy. So I have no solution, though I generally don?t mind sharing my videos with serious people. And finally I feel a little bit like Leobor in that post before and I better don?t speak about my damage.
Just to make myself clear - I posted those here in VIP sections and I was glad I did it. But I did that for this forum, no one else. And now, every guy who has 3 dollars can take that same video... It just has no sense! They could at least give me some percentage of this 3 dollars custumers (as script and girls was my pick).

I wanted to do one more, but now I am a little bit frustrated. Why should I anyway?