The Lift & Carry Forums

Go Back   The Lift & Carry Forums > Miscellaneous > General Discussion

Old March 7th, 2012, 01:15   #11
Storm
STANDARD

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
27 Total

Personally - the lift and carry fans I have found are respectful, charming, intelligent, can hold a conversation and have the decency of trying to diet before a session.
The wrestling guys can be quite obnoxious, narcissistic and not the nicest bunch in the world. Thats a generalisation though but im standing by it.
Old March 7th, 2012, 02:59   #12
phoneman
Administrator

0 For This Post
3,073 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
Personally - the lift and carry fans I have found are respectful, charming, intelligent, can hold a conversation and have the decency of trying to diet before a session.
The wrestling guys can be quite obnoxious, narcissistic and not the nicest bunch in the world. Thats a generalisation though but im standing by it.
As I said on the other thread, welcome back.

My theory on the difference is as follows. Storm, do you agree or disagree.

I think that the big difference between L/C and wrestling guys is that at least some number of the guys probably want to match strength and try to beat you. If someone happens to get hurt, oh well.

With L/C, the guys would certainly not want you to be hurt (as that is absolutely not in their interest). They also would not want to match strength and prove some stupid point, which wrestlers might.
Old March 7th, 2012, 04:21   #13
aloknath
VIPOS

0 For This Post
445 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
I am absolutely sure this is true. Unfortunately, there's a smaller of number of very vocal and visible lift and carry fans who harass wrestlers and others on Facebook continuously with moronic questions about whether they can lift them and so on. These are the people who end up giving our community a bad name as I mentioned in the original post on the thread. It's sad because you are correct - I think L&C fans are generally quite well behaved. These few bad apples tarnish all our reputations.