The Lift & Carry Forums

Go Back   The Lift & Carry Forums > Miscellaneous > General Discussion

Old January 8th, 2011, 19:38   #1
dendrin
Administrator

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
6 For This Post
10,897 Total
Default All Youtube clips are now embedded!

Let us know if there are any problems with this here. We have been struggling with a way of dealing with the Youtube reposts and embedding seemed to be the best solution. We still ask newer members to be mindful of reposts but its not as big of deal now since everything is previewed. The best way to see if a Youtube clip has been posted is search for the unique Youtube ID code. All Youtube clips have a code in the URL after the = sign. If you think a Youtube clip might be a repost, copy and paste that code and do a seach. Check the screenshot if you're not sure what I'm referring to.

Lastly, if you want to give thanks or comment on a youtube clip that has been posted, do not include the actual clip in the quote, it will really clutter things up now. Thanks to Fabius for the idea!
Who Said Thanks:
Liftluvver (October 24th, 2011), peterkin101 (January 22nd, 2011), rwlm (January 10th, 2011), blauesau (January 9th, 2011), winniethebeer (January 9th, 2011), Fabius (January 8th, 2011)
Old January 8th, 2011, 21:54   #2
Fabius
VIP Honored

1 For This Post
214 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendrin View Post
Let us know if there are any problems with this here. We have been struggling with a way of dealing with the Youtube reposts and embedding seemed to be the best solution. We still ask newer members to be mindful of reposts but its not as big of deal now since everything is previewed. The best way to see if a Youtube clip has been posted is search for the unique Youtube ID code. All Youtube clips have a code in the URL after the = sign. If you think a Youtube clip might be a repost, copy and paste that code and do a seach. Check the screenshot if you're not sure what I'm referring to.

Lastly, if you want to give thanks or comment on a youtube clip that has been posted, do not include the actual clip in the quote, it will really clutter things up now. Thanks to Fabius for the idea!
Wow! What a surprise! Now all pages are full of colours!

Frankly I was not even aware that was possible to embed the Youtube viewer using simply the link, I supposed it was necessary to use the embed code link.
Of course this is even simpler! and surprisingly works on all links, even old ones! Great!

Still a simple hint: do not forget anyway to put as a text the full title of the clip.
It is true that it is shown already on the preview, but often yuotube clips are cancelled, sometimes banned, and in this cases no trace remains of the clip. If there is the title as text, it is still possible to search the clip in other locations.

Thanks, great improvement!
Who Said Thanks:
rwlm (January 10th, 2011)
Old January 10th, 2011, 06:30   #3
rwlm
VIP Honored
King of Intergender Wrestling

0 For This Post
1,164 Total
Default clips embedded

what i have found is the forum is a lot slower. where members have quoted member whom posted clips, we need to remove the embedded clips from the quote.HOW many member will go through all their posts to do this? i guess its a hugh task for admins to do this. WHEN its come to watching youtube clips, i preferred to watch the actuasl youtube clip and not the embedded clips. u cant save clips that u like watching the embedded clip. and also the related clips in which we may find other clips not posted here. THERE are 2 ways of actually seeing the actual youtube clip, ( 1) the title of the embedded clip with uploaded time that we know, we post the title in youtubesearch to find this clip. ACTUALLY THERE IS A really really easy method to watch a youtube clip. ALL u got to do is thank a person on the clip they posted, it WILL then give u the youtube url instead of the embedded clips. i have just tried this method twice by giving thanks to 2 members in the wrestling thread and it brouht up the youtube url for me. when u go back to the f/m section the clip will back to embedded once more. SO i do think the embedded clips are a great idea.
Old January 10th, 2011, 08:10   #4
cmcwmod
Administrator

0 For This Post
993 Total

An easier method is just right-clicking on the clips. Then you can copy the original Youtube URL.
Old January 20th, 2011, 13:44   #5
psbinbin
STANDARD

0 For This Post
8 Total

-not the place for actual links
Old October 22nd, 2011, 15:40   #6
blauesau
VIPOS

0 For This Post
8,661 Total

do you know that?

Klicke auf Standbild. kopiere erst jetzt die adresse. dann erscheint genau das foto der richtigen scene hier im forum!

can anybody translate, pls?
Old June 8th, 2013, 08:16   #7
goneju

0 For This Post
0 Total

I am facing problem with embedding videos from youtube. When I am posting only the actual url is getting displayed. Whats the solution?

Old June 9th, 2013, 15:29   #8
dendrin
Administrator

0 For This Post
10,897 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganju90 View Post
I am facing problem with embedding videos from youtube. When I am posting only the actual url is getting displayed. Whats the solution?
Take the "s" off after the "http". It looks like you have some security feature turned on with your browser.
Old June 10th, 2013, 02:20   #9
goneju

0 For This Post
0 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendrin View Post
Take the "s" off after the "http". It looks like you have some security feature turned on with your browser.

Thanks. Its working now.

Old June 12th, 2013, 14:58   #10
badboy4375
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
797 Total
Default old youtube vids

Hey,
Did anyone have those vids that used to be posted by youtube user "crayolacr"? just wondering because I haven't seen em in a while, think she went by name Bambam