Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 24th, 2009, 20:09   #1
johnp
STANDARD

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
16 Total
Default Embarrassed to discover that a girl is stronger than you

How about stories not involving L&C, but about guys who are surprised or embarrassed to find out that their wife, girlfriend or a girl they meet is stronger than them.

This happened to me when I had a girlfriend who was in a University rowing team. One day I was giving her and three of her team mates a lift to a regatta. The car started bumping and I realised I had a flat tyre. I stopped the car and got the jack and spare tyre out to change the wheel. But when I tried to loosen the wheel nuts, I couldn't turn any of them, no matter how hard I tried.

I told the girls they must have been put on too tight by a mechanic using a compressed air tool and couldn't be removed by hand. I said I would have to call the AA to come to change the tyre. The girls were worried about missing the regatta. One of them said she had changed tyres on her Mum's car and asked if she could try. I tried to explain that the problem was not about knowing how to change the tyre, but the fact that the nuts were too tight to be removed by hand. She still asked to have a go and my girl friend said we had nothing to lose by letting her try.

The girl Julie was about 4" shorter than my 5ft 7ins but very stockily built. As I muttered angrily that it was a waste of time, she got the wrench and strained as she tried to loosen the first nut. My anger turned to sheer humiliation and embarrassment as the nut eventually turned. I stood in silence with a beetroot red face as she loosened the other 3 nuts. I didn't dare look at my girl friend or the other girls as I was sure they would be laughing at me.

I stood in stunned silence as she carried on and changed the wheels over. My final humiliation was when she smiled at me and said that she hadn't tightened the nuts fully, just in case I had to change the wheel myself in the
future.

None of the girls ever mentioned the incident again, but I still felt embarrassed every time I met Julie.