Go Back   The Lift & Carry Forums > Miscellaneous > General Discussion

Old March 26th, 2009, 17:33   #1
dp
Administrator
The VIP Gatekeeper

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
5,383 Total
Default Having problems connecting to this forum?

We have received reports that some people recently (since Saturday, March 21st) started having problems connecting to the forum from certain Internet providers.

The most likely reason for this problem is that our forum was moved to a new (faster) web server on March 21st, and your name servers have not yet refreshed their records. (Name servers are what translates a human readable address like LANDCFORUM.COM into a numeric address that the computers understand. If the name servers fail, you can't connect.)

If I'm right, your problem will fix itself eventually, but if it doesn't, those of you that still have to jump through some hoops to be able to connect should tell me about it here.
Old March 30th, 2009, 14:07   #2
ugabooga_10
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
320 Total

yeah i have this problem
i have to go through hidemyass.com to get here
but it slows down the site when i use it
its very annoying
Old March 30th, 2009, 19:02   #3
dp
Administrator
The VIP Gatekeeper

0 For This Post
5,383 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugabooga_10 View Post
yeah i have this problem
i have to go through hidemyass.com to get here
but it slows down the site when i use it
its very annoying
We are investigating this issue as we speak. The DNS theory I mentioned above seems to be false. You can verify this yourself by starting the command prompt (cmd) and typing tracert landcforum.com. If it lists a bunch of addresses, but stops after outputting several lines of "Request timed out", then you have the same problem as the other users that can't connect.

We don't yet know why our server rejects some of you, but we can tell you that we didn't mean for that to happen. No-one has intentionally been banned at that level.

I will post updates to this problem in this thread, so please check it out from time to time.
Old March 31st, 2009, 06:21   #4
nishadh
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
515 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp View Post
We are investigating this issue as we speak. The DNS theory I mentioned above seems to be false. You can verify this yourself by starting the command prompt (cmd) and typing tracert landcforum.com. If it lists a bunch of addresses, but stops after outputting several lines of "Request timed out", then you have the same problem as the other users that can't connect.

We don't yet know why our server rejects some of you, but we can tell you that we didn't mean for that to happen. No-one has intentionally been banned at that level.

I will post updates to this problem in this thread, so please check it out from time to time.
Hi dp,
I am now able to get in. Here is what happened- I bought the latest daisy clip from vidown.com. But i was not able to download it as it was hosted on amazonbitches.com. I figured it was the same problem as here and i found out that if i tracert both these sites i was getting stuck at that same point. So i sent that same tracert window to their tech support and he gave me this reply - "Try it again. Your IP address is in a previously unused range and was being blocked by a firewall rule."
So i guess it is the same problem for everyone. Now i m able to get in, but others might need to get their ips registered with them.
Old March 31st, 2009, 08:54   #5
dp
Administrator
The VIP Gatekeeper

0 For This Post
5,383 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishadh View Post
Hi dp,
I am now able to get in. Here is what happened- I bought the latest daisy clip from vidown.com. But i was not able to download it as it was hosted on amazonbitches.com. I figured it was the same problem as here and i found out that if i tracert both these sites i was getting stuck at that same point. So i sent that same tracert window to their tech support and he gave me this reply - "Try it again. Your IP address is in a previously unused range and was being blocked by a firewall rule."
So i guess it is the same problem for everyone. Now i m able to get in, but others might need to get their ips registered with them.
Thanks again nishadh! Every member with STANDARD membership or better has now been notified over email.
Old March 31st, 2009, 21:05   #6
smallwm
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
43 Total

Now I am able to access this great site. Lots up catching up tp do lol!
Old April 1st, 2009, 11:20   #7
nishadh
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
515 Total

Old April 1st, 2009, 13:18   #8
ugabooga_10
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
320 Total
Talking

im not sure what uve done but everything seems to be working well now
thank you
see u in the forum
Old April 3rd, 2009, 11:02   #9
kly_lin
VIPOS

0 For This Post
1,959 Total

yes, I have to use a proxy to browse this website, but it's not so fortunate when openning some free archive sharing websites like megaupload.com, I am blocked away from it.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 13:44   #10
dp
Administrator
The VIP Gatekeeper

0 For This Post
5,383 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by kly_lin View Post
yes, I have to use a proxy to browse this website, but it's not so fortunate when openning some free archive sharing websites like megaupload.com, I am blocked away from it.
You mean you had to use a proxy, right? You don't need one now?