Go Back   The Lift & Carry Forums > Miscellaneous > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 27th, 2016, 08:06   #1
Slevin
VIP Honored

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
2 For This Post
541 Total
Default What do you miss about L&C of the Past?

I mean can anyone relate to this?

For me, it used to be more exciting back in 2000, waiting for the next OilWrestlers.com pictures to be posted from the most recent show they did down in New Orleans (before that stupid Hurricane hit). Anticipating the next video releases by Lusa Corp. Even before that, in high school when I had no money to actually buy content, it was cool to see the new updates for the sites at the time (Special Interests, LiftingFems, Builtmore, Davemiester, Liftfit, Bonnefemme, etc...).

I like L&C now as much as I did then. But the way the new content comes out isn't nearly as exciting as it was previously. Maybe it is because technology is so advanced and fast paced today, you just move on from one thing to the next. Obviously it is much more difficult today to make money off of making a professional caliber video today. The L&C websites with current updates are very much a thing of the past. The most recent one that I really enjoyed was KOFilmProductions in Hungary, and I haven't seen an update from them in quite a while.

Despite the advancement in video quality, I do prefer much of the past content to the present in general. Today, there is a ton in terms of quantity, but once in a great while, something will come up that catches my eye. I don't know, maybe I've seen it all before.

Does anyone else prefer how it used to be, or do you think it's as good now as it ever has been?

I appreciate everybody who to this day searches for pictures/videos and other content to post it on here, that is not what I am talking about. The drive and enthusiasm is still there with a number of people here. It feels like to me, as the niche that we are, we have been just kinda going through the motions for the past several years, and will continue to do so. But we definitely had much more of an exciting internet booming period in the past (1990's and 2000's).

So what do we have to look forward to?
How are we doing as a group collectively? Are our numbers up, have we made any progress?

I don't see how today any 16 year old can join the Internet community and be as excited as many of us were in previous decades, given the content. For me, it was like opening Pandora's Box.

Last edited by Slevin; December 27th, 2016 at 08:18.
Who Said Thanks:
zebra (February 27th, 2017), vk (January 1st, 2017)