Old September 7th, 2020, 18:12   #61
phoneman
Administrator

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
3,073 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transit View Post
I think, in general, involves domination.
If you L/C someone, you have the last word over the next minute of your partner. Just speculating, but in general, women have better attitude when they feel dominated, most girls don?t have any problem if someone else lift them in public. A few may feel embarrassed, most of them will enjoy it for a while, and some will even demand more lifts, they have no problems being dominated in public, For men, in general, works the oposite way. we want dominate. again, generally speaking.....
Please understand that this board is about women lifting - either other women or men.

That does not mean that your comment was inappropriate or should not have been made. I just want to be sure that you understand,
Old January 17th, 2022, 14:58   #62
Darla36

0 For This Post
0 Total

I like both types of lift and carry, but domination is more satisfying.
Old May 15th, 2023, 00:42   #63
Islandlife
STANDARD

1 For This Post
1 Total
Default submission

Lifting could often mean serving the other person while taking on a lot of pain. There is no better form of submission than lifting.
Who Said Thanks:
TheWolfe (May 15th, 2023)
Old May 15th, 2023, 16:24   #64
Matt995101
STANDARD

0 For This Post
9 Total

I don’t think lifting is necessarily dominant but I do feel like I am under a woman’s control when she’s lifting me. A playful piggyback ride doesn’t feel dominant at all but being lifted against my will in a wrestling match and being unable to get down can feel very dominant.
Old May 16th, 2023, 03:13   #65
TheWolfe
VIPOS

0 For This Post
2,745 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt995101 View Post
I don’t think lifting is necessarily dominant but I do feel like I am under a woman’s control when she’s lifting me. A playful piggyback ride doesn’t feel dominant at all but being lifted against my will in a wrestling match and being unable to get down can feel very dominant.
How about the flip side? Can someone be lifted without submitting to the person lifting them? If you're giving up control, aren't you submitting to them?
Old May 16th, 2023, 09:53   #66
xl

0 For This Post
1 Total

i think is not domination when you lift a person for fun or when you ask for permission to lift her

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfe View Post
Several people over the years have commented to me on L&C forums that to lift someone is to dominate them. I'm not sure I completely agree with that statement but after pondering it I have to admit they do have a point. When a lifter lifts a liftee, the liftee's body - their entire being - is placed in the possession and care of the lifter. At the very least, there is some amount of submission on the liftee's part to allow this, right?

On the other hand, if a liftee convinces someone who is not inclined to lift people to give them a lift, isn't the liftee dominating the lifter by making the lifter take possession and care of the liftee's entire being, not to mention making the lifter exert strength?

Keep in mind that while "domination" and "submission" make people think of BDSM, it can also be much more subtle and perceived subconsciously without either party actually intending to dominate or submit.

With all the liftees and lifters on this forum, there should be some interesting opinions on this. Please take note that this question is asked about the act of one human lifting another human regardless of either participant's gender. I expect you to follow my lead and give gender-neutral answers.
Old May 16th, 2023, 13:23   #67
TheWolfe
VIPOS

0 For This Post
2,745 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by xl View Post
i think is not domination when you lift a person for fun or when you ask for permission to lift her
When people hear "Domination" they tend to think of something dramatic. Think about submission though. If you ask to lift someone and they say yes, they're submitting. Sure, maybe they like it but even in the D/s fetish side of things subs like submitting and being dominated but reel that out, far outside of D/s into the realm of regular people interacting. A consenting liftee is submitting to the control of the lifter, letting the lifter take full possession of their entire being. There's a lot of trust there, which is at the core of submission, at least until you get to forceful domination and capitulation.

So if you ask a girl if you can lift her, you're asking to take possession of her body, the vessel that contains her entire being. You might playfully pretend like you're going to drop her or like you're going to put her into a trash can. Sure, you're not really going to but you're teasing her with a display of dominance and control.

It's a yin and yang thing or maybe like Newton's Law. Wherever there's submission, there's domination.
Old May 17th, 2023, 09:27   #68
xl

1 For This Post
1 Total

absolutely true. it is a matter of balance of sensations. the lifter likes to lift a person to feel her weight and handle her as if she were a doll, on the contrary the litee likes to be lifted and feel as light as a doll. it is obvious that the lifter physically performs the action, the liftee can only trust the strength of the lifter. for this reason it can be considered domination, even when for example a person intends to demonstrate his strength by lifting another person.
It may happen, however, who takes pleasure in domination or submission that the dominator forces the submissive to lift him as long as he wishes.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfe View Post
When people hear "Domination" they tend to think of something dramatic. Think about submission though. If you ask to lift someone and they say yes, they're submitting. Sure, maybe they like it but even in the D/s fetish side of things subs like submitting and being dominated but reel that out, far outside of D/s into the realm of regular people interacting. A consenting liftee is submitting to the control of the lifter, letting the lifter take full possession of their entire being. There's a lot of trust there, which is at the core of submission, at least until you get to forceful domination and capitulation.

So if you ask a girl if you can lift her, you're asking to take possession of her body, the vessel that contains her entire being. You might playfully pretend like you're going to drop her or like you're going to put her into a trash can. Sure, you're not really going to but you're teasing her with a display of dominance and control.

It's a yin and yang thing or maybe like Newton's Law. Wherever there's submission, there's domination.
Who Said Thanks:
TheWolfe (May 18th, 2023)
Old December 29th, 2023, 18:26   #69
Nikith4444
STANDARD

0 For This Post
1 Total

Not really. For me, although I like to be dominated a little, the reason I like to be lifted is for that feeling of safety I get.
Old January 3rd, 2024, 16:53   #70
TheWolfe
VIPOS

1 For This Post
2,745 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikith4444 View Post
Not really. For me, although I like to be dominated a little, the reason I like to be lifted is for that feeling of safety I get.
Aren't you giving up control when you're lifted? Isn't that necessary to get that feeling of safety?

I'm not talking about a dominatrix telling you to lick her boots....not that kind of hardcore domination. I mean the liftee is requesting the lift, the liftee is choosing to be submissive so the lifter becomes dominant relative to the lifter's submission. Or if a lifter gets the idea to lift someone and just does it, that's domination because the liftee will either willingly submit and be lifted easily or struggle and fight back, making the lifter forcibly complete the lift.

I used to not see any domination angle to it but the deeper I thought about it and the more o discussed it, the clearer it became. I'm not someone who likes to be lifted so it's a bit foreign to me. I like to lift women and see women lifting women, observing the interaction between them. My perspective is as a lifter and an observer. Can you explain more from your perspective as a liftee? Maybe I'm missing something because of my own perspective.
Who Said Thanks:
zebra (January 4th, 2024)