The Lift & Carry Forums

Go Back   The Lift & Carry Forums > Miscellaneous > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2012, 12:06   #11
Mark G
STANDARD
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 318
Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
58 Total
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfe View Post
I think that's a great example of what I'm talking about. It's not domination like chaining you to the bed and whipping you; just a playful display of her power over you.

The flip side might be if you suddenly decided to jump on her back, playfully forcing her to piggyback you. Aren't you, as a liftee, dominating her in a scenario like that?
It depends. If she'd have demonstrated how light I was for her,it would be her playfully displaying her power again,just as you say.
Mark G is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 15:17   #12
TheWolfe
VIPOS
 
TheWolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 859
Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
1,502 Total
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by themasterkavar View Post
That would depend on what the meaning of the word "is" is.

But in all seriousness, it depends on how you want to define domination. A wife gives her husband a piggyback ride for fun. It was fun for her because she enjoyed either displaying her strength, surprising her husband with her strength, or to provide him/her with some level of entertainment. I would argue that there is some underlying level of desire behind this lift, but I would not necessarily call it domination.

Don't some people enjoy submitting? If someone thinks it's fun to have someone else control their body, they're giving up control and submitting, right? Isn't the other party therefore dominating? Like I said, it's not like that "I'm gonna teach you a lesson!" domination but, like in your example, it's a good-natured and fun "I'm strong enough to control the position of your body" and, if the liftee doesn't fight it, then the liftee is submitting to that demonstration.

That's basically how many of the "pro-domination theory" people have described it to me for years and I can see their point, even if the word "domination" makes me bristle slightly.

What I think is more interesting is when the liftee causes the lifter to lift. Isn't that an equivalent form of domination? Like a cowboy riding a horse, the horse is lifting him but he's not submitting to the horse. If a liftee presses someone into service as a lifter, then isn't that lifter submitting to the liftee's will and making the liftee the dominant one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
It depends. If she'd have demonstrated how light I was for her,it would be her playfully displaying her power again,just as you say.
Gets kinda tricky, doesn't it?
TheWolfe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 18:55   #13
cmcwmod
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 394
Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
530 Total
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfe View Post
Don't some people enjoy submitting? If someone thinks it's fun to have someone else control their body, they're giving up control and submitting, right? Isn't the other party therefore dominating? Like I said, it's not like that "I'm gonna teach you a lesson!" domination but, like in your example, it's a good-natured and fun "I'm strong enough to control the position of your body" and, if the liftee doesn't fight it, then the liftee is submitting to that demonstration.

That's basically how many of the "pro-domination theory" people have described it to me for years and I can see their point, even if the word "domination" makes me bristle slightly.

What I think is more interesting is when the liftee causes the lifter to lift. Isn't that an equivalent form of domination? Like a cowboy riding a horse, the horse is lifting him but he's not submitting to the horse. If a liftee presses someone into service as a lifter, then isn't that lifter submitting to the liftee's will and making the liftee the dominant one?



Gets kinda tricky, doesn't it?
Obviously. There's a lot of stories and quite a few videos where the girl doing the carrying is clearly being dominated by either a guy or another girl (or even by several riders at once!).

The L&C community is filled with niches and this is also true in the "domination department." The stories and films show that there's a market for riders dominating a struggling girl.

Others see it completely differently. There's also plenty of videos and stories where a strong girl is taunting the guy she's carrying around with the girl clearly being in control and dominating her rider.

Also, as this thread shows, there's those who see no domination whatsoever, but just pure fun.

This combined with the tonnes of other niches is probably why it's difficult for L&C producers to make a profit. Everyone has his own very personal desires and won't invest in videos which deviates too far from his own likings.
cmcwmod is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2012, 22:45   #14
davelifted
VIP Honored
 
davelifted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 362
Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
295 Total
Default

We all have different ideas about domination: personally I don't get the chained to the bed scenario, or the whips etc - but some (a lot?) of people do, theres plenty of women with a well equipped dungeon make a good living out of that kind of stuff;
but for me, being lifted by a woman always means being dominated to some degree because I can't (or choose not to) do anything about it - she is totallly in control and I'm helpless. Its wonderful to be carried and feeling there is nothing you can do about it. Very very sexy. For me. But there is no other way I would ever let anyone "dominate" me.
davelifted is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2012, 08:17   #15
Mettalican5000
VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 249
Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
83 Total
Default

Unfortunately for me, if its not blatant domination, then I dont find it interesting but rather boring. I watch it purely for aspects of domination. Where one lifts another against his/her will
Mettalican5000 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2012, 15:28   #16
davelifted
VIP Honored
 
davelifted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 362
Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
295 Total
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mettalican5000 View Post
Unfortunately for me, if its not blatant domination, then I dont find it interesting but rather boring. I watch it purely for aspects of domination. Where one lifts another against his/her will
I agree, I'm really only interested in wrestling lifts, although was we have discussed before many of these are not really resisted neverthelss there is the attempt to convey some kind of domination.
davelifted is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2012, 19:26   #17
TheWolfe
VIPOS
 
TheWolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 859
Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
1,502 Total
Default

It's interesting to see all the interpretations related to domination. No one really seems to have an opinion on the submission aspect of it. Even when the domination aspect of the lifting is imperceptibly subtle, the submission aspect of the same act is usually a bit more obvious, at least to me, which after thinking deeper and deeper about it convinced me that there's almost always some vague, subtle domination aspect.

Does anyone else notice the submission part?
TheWolfe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 12:07   #18
Mark G
STANDARD
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 318
Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
58 Total
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfe View Post
It's interesting to see all the interpretations related to domination. No one really seems to have an opinion on the submission aspect of it. Even when the domination aspect of the lifting is imperceptibly subtle, the submission aspect of the same act is usually a bit more obvious, at least to me, which after thinking deeper and deeper about it convinced me that there's almost always some vague, subtle domination aspect.

Does anyone else notice the submission part?
I've indeed noticed the submission part. Whenever I've been lifted and carried by a woman,I've always felt very weak and submissive in their grasp. A massive turn on,though.
Mark G is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2012, 14:07   #19
davelifted
VIP Honored
 
davelifted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 362
Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
295 Total
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
I've indeed noticed the submission part. Whenever I've been lifted and carried by a woman,I've always felt very weak and submissive in their grasp. A massive turn on,though.
same for me; its very rare for a woman to be able to lift me unless i submit. Sometimes we have role played where i beg to be lifted - which is quite a turn on as well.
davelifted is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 21:22   #20
TheWolfe
VIPOS
 
TheWolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 859
Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
1,502 Total
Default

Okay, I'll break out of generic gender mode to put some personal input in.

I'm on this board for F/F but I also love to lift women. I don't feel like I'm dominating a woman when I lift her but, after having lots of online discussions about domination, I've realized that I like feeling her submit to being lifted, so by default I guess I like feeling dominant by lifting.

I've also realized that my interest in L&C has nothing to do with the strength of the lifter as much as it has to do with the submission of the liftee and the desire of the lifter to do the lift. It's like an intimate communication between the two. If it's the lifter's idea the communication is "I want to hold you." If it's the liftee's idea then it's "I want you to hold me." When the other party complies, they're communicating back by submitting to the desire of the other.

Because of that, I'd rather see a failed attempt at a more intimate (or playful/friendly) lift that's real between the two parties rather than an impersonal display of brute strength.
TheWolfe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 16:54.

Clips4sale.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.