Go Back   The Lift & Carry Forums > Miscellaneous > Producer's Corner

Closed Thread

Old July 7th, 2010, 14:30   #1
rosco
STANDARD

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
0 Total
Default what about landcforum.forumsfree?

Hi all,

I'm new here, so please forgive me if I've chosen the wrong section to post my request.
I've noticed that http://landcforum.forumsfree.org/ forum has been black listed by a certain onlineguardian.net service (never heard before), so I was wondering if there is any chance to recover all the forum content (pics, videos, links, etc.).
If anyone has any news about that, please let me know.
Many thanks

Alessandro
Old July 7th, 2010, 22:51   #2
phoneman
Administrator

0 For This Post
3,073 Total

I have never heard of that site.

Since you asked about it, what is (or was) it?
Old July 8th, 2010, 01:04   #3
greybeezer
Administrator

0 For This Post
1,411 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosco View Post
Hi all,

I'm new here, so please forgive me if I've chosen the wrong section to post my request.
I've noticed that http://landcforum.forumsfree.org/ forum has been black listed by a certain onlineguardian.net service (never heard before), so I was wondering if there is any chance to recover all the forum content (pics, videos, links, etc.).
If anyone has any news about that, please let me know.
Many thanks

Alessandro

It was probabaly taken out by the same grouyp that took out our older forums. It could also be because unlike this forum that one allowed alot of copyright infractions. There is no way to retrieve the data from your old forum thats what happened to uas and thats why we had to start from scratch here, that is also why we are so picky about content and members in this forum. Were you the admin of that site?
Old July 8th, 2010, 08:04   #4
rosco
STANDARD

0 For This Post
0 Total

No, I wasn't the admin, I was just an user, but it was one of the greatest forum about lift and carry and ponyplaying I'd ever found. I't a really shame that all the content have gone lost. Probably greybreezer is right, since there were a lot of copyrighted clips and other stuff... I was stupid enough not to download everything in time... I should have thought before.
I don'k know how these forum work, so I wonder if maybe its admin can have a backup of it or something like?
Old July 8th, 2010, 09:41   #5
dp
Administrator
The VIP Gatekeeper

0 For This Post
5,384 Total

Quote:
No, I wasn't the admin, I was just an user, but it was one of the greatest forum about lift and carry and ponyplaying I'd ever found. I't a really shame that all the content have gone lost. Probably greybreezer is right, since there were a lot of copyrighted clips and other stuff... I was stupid enough not to download everything in time... I should have thought before.
I don'k know how these forum work, so I wonder if maybe its admin can have a backup of it or something like?
We have backups on this forum, but public hosting services like forumsfree.org probably charge ridiculous amount of money for such benefits, so the data on that other forum is probably gone for good.
Old July 8th, 2010, 23:02   #6
dendrin
Administrator

0 For This Post
10,897 Total

Quote:
I've looked at the site. All the content originated from here, trust me, it had no unique members who are not on this forum. And of course all the copyrighted stuff was hurting producers. So lets end the subject on this, further topics posted about that shady forum will be deleted.
Closed Thread