Closed Thread

Old December 29th, 2011, 17:53   #1
Lifter
VIPOS

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
362 Total
Default A sad day

It seems that www.liftnandcarrying.com has finally closed. Sure, the website was amateurish, the updates taking longer and longer, until this last year there were hardly any, and yet, they produced some awesome material, with some of the most beautiful, cuttest girls around. A sad day, I will miss Liftn and carrying.
Old December 29th, 2011, 18:48   #2
EZ
STANDARD

0 For This Post
57 Total

Here, here.

I agree. I think the amateurish aspect was a huge part of that sites charm as I always prefer the girl-next-store type over the model type and the girls they used screamed hottie from your college class. And the quality of girls they used improved so much over the years.

I know that site got flack for the girls not looking like they were enjoying themselves, but I generally never felt that way about them. At their best, I thought the site captured girls who did enjoy the experience of being carried. I also enjoyed the newbie who got carried and seem innocent towards being carried, where they would jump into the the experience but never quite "got it." That always worked for me as long as they did a good job being carried over those shoulders.

I'd say it was probably a 50/50 ration between updates I liked and those that I didn't care for but given the frequency of their updates and the cost for membership, being a member was always a worthy venture for me. At least up until this past year or so when they stopped updating.

They were one of my first lift and carry sites i discovered that focused on the female being lifted and for that they remained one of my favorites. They will be missed.

Last edited by EZ; December 29th, 2011 at 18:53.
Old December 29th, 2011, 19:07   #3
drunken_agent
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
538 Total

Their clips4sale site remains open, though who knows for how long. And it seems they haven't had an update in quite some time.
http://clips4sale.com/studio/9609/
Old December 29th, 2011, 19:15   #4
dbarbob
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
18 Total

The site closure does indeed make for a sad day. I always thought that their "lift and kiss" theme was very nice and not often replicated elsewhere. Maybe some other producer will carry on in a like manner.
Old December 29th, 2011, 19:30   #5
themasterkavar
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
1,041 Total

The best part about them was the girl-next-door feel to all the lifters. I don't care too see women lifting men smaller then them like many other sites. Unfortunately, the productions values were very low.... almost every piggyback ride, shoulder ride, cradle, etc. was the same. They few times they branched out with a series, they were very good.
Old December 29th, 2011, 20:25   #6
Mike
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
303 Total

It was a original and innovative lift and carry site in my opinion. The lift and kissing I think is rare in this business, a few producers do it.
The girls are always hot and very strong, only on liftnandcarrying i see strong cute girls do always PERFECT lift. Ok all of the guy are small but 155 lbs is a good weight to lift, and all of the model can carry easly all of the guy in that website. Awesome.
Yes, is a sad day for l&c fan, but maybe in the future they come back with another site or cool stuff.
Old December 29th, 2011, 23:20   #7
Slevin
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
540 Total

Any defuncting of a L&C site is not good. To me, this one does not hold a candle to how disappointed I was when Hurricane Katrina took out oilwrestlers.com in 2005. It is a good bet that without that disaster, today we would have an additional 6 years and counting of frequent updates filled with L&C pictures and also probably more high quality videos now that technology has improved. What was also great about that site is that the oilwrestlers wrestled and lifted participants from the audience on any given night, and so those guys did not know a pre-show script of the lifts, and so it was basically the girls lifting the guys dead weight, and they did so many times quite effortlessly (fireman carry, powerbombs, cradles, etc.)

And that site was FREE and had a really neat forum where even the oilwrestler women themselves would frequently post. Totally killed my desire to ever travel to the Cresent City or New Orleans

Last edited by Slevin; December 29th, 2011 at 23:37.
Old December 31st, 2011, 00:16   #8
WWE4Life
VIP Honored

11 For This Post
1,178 Total

I have mixed feelings about the end of liftnandcarrying.com. I've never revealed the details of my relationship with the owner of that site, but enough years have passed that I feel it might be somewhat cathartic for me to divulge some insight into our interesting history.

The owner (I'll withhold his name) and I were actually both based in the same suburb of Toronto. I had broken into the business through my friend at Builtmore in California. After I had been established for many years, the liftnandcarrying owner actually got in touch with the Builtmore USA guy and did a video for him with a couple of local Toronto strippers. I discovered he was local through the Builtmore USA guy. We met and exchanged some personal lift and carry stuff and our friendship evolved from there.

He was interested in starting a lift and carry site of his own with a more "adult" theme than what I was currently producing. After hearing him out, we ended up partnering on some shoots which were released on our joint site, liftlovers.com. Things went well for a while, with him finding adult entertainers and me producing/directing the shoots and giving him some insight into how to be successful within this unique entertainment genre.

Our friendship developed and we hung out a lot...heck, we even were in a car accident together one evening (no one injured) after editing our website. After a while, unbeknownst to me, he was conspiring with other friends to leave the liftlovers site and start his own site. I would have had no problem with that, had he been open and honest with me. However, he actually took to trashing my own site (davemeister.com) on my message boards posting as an anonymous individual. Eventually I discovered that my "friend" and business partner was responsible for those messages, which effectively ended our business and friendship all at once.

He did reach out to me after a time, but being a stubborn, hard-headed Italian, I would have none of it. He started liftnandcarrying and to his credit was very successful with it. My biggest regret to this date is that I didn't get a chance to be a part of all those fantastic shoots. One girl in particular, KJ, absolutely caught my attention and I would give my right arm to meet and shoot with her.

From a production standpoint, I always wished he would have done more with the talent he had. His clips were repetitive, uninspired, and low resolution, all of which undermined the potential. On a number of occasions though, such as with KJ, and several other girls, he really got some seductive lift content that was great.

I supported his site for years, despite my personal feelings for him. Truth be told, he was a good guy prior to the choice he made to break away. The site for him was always something of a touchy subject with his family, due to religious beliefs. I'm not sure if they ever found out about his business, but it could very well be that the site ended for this reason. Otherwise, it is likely that he moved on (his background in school was in business and/or accounting if my memory serves me correct).

It is the end of an era...many of the early sites are gone or hardly an industry player today: Builtmore USA, my own site davemeister.com, liftnet, thevalkyrie, liftnandcarrying, etc. Thankfully, there are some newer sites that continue the tradition.

Dave
www.clips4sale.com/8715
Who Said Thanks:
tragmich (January 7th, 2012), lifted (January 1st, 2012), Mike (January 1st, 2012), srfan (January 1st, 2012), danrathernot (January 1st, 2012), dendrin (December 31st, 2011), gaga141444 (December 31st, 2011), rflcblue (December 31st, 2011), dbarbob (December 31st, 2011), Dovahkiin (December 31st, 2011), winniethebeer (December 31st, 2011)
Old December 31st, 2011, 00:35   #9
smallwm
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
43 Total

I joined that site for a month a few times. Sad that it is going. Liked that site
Old December 31st, 2011, 04:22   #10
Lifter
VIPOS

0 For This Post
362 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWE4Life View Post
I have mixed feelings about the end of liftnandcarrying.com. I've never revealed the details of my relationship with the owner of that site, but enough years have passed that I feel it might be somewhat cathartic for me to divulge some insight into our interesting history.

The owner (I'll withhold his name) and I were actually both based in the same suburb of Toronto. I had broken into the business through my friend at Builtmore in California. After I had been established for many years, the liftnandcarrying owner actually got in touch with the Builtmore USA guy and did a video for him with a couple of local Toronto strippers. I discovered he was local through the Builtmore USA guy. We met and exchanged some personal lift and carry stuff and our friendship evolved from there.

He was interested in starting a lift and carry site of his own with a more "adult" theme than what I was currently producing. After hearing him out, we ended up partnering on some shoots which were released on our joint site, liftlovers.com. Things went well for a while, with him finding adult entertainers and me producing/directing the shoots and giving him some insight into how to be successful within this unique entertainment genre.

Our friendship developed and we hung out a lot...heck, we even were in a car accident together one evening (no one injured) after editing our website. After a while, unbeknownst to me, he was conspiring with other friends to leave the liftlovers site and start his own site. I would have had no problem with that, had he been open and honest with me. However, he actually took to trashing my own site (davemeister.com) on my message boards posting as an anonymous individual. Eventually I discovered that my "friend" and business partner was responsible for those messages, which effectively ended our business and friendship all at once.

He did reach out to me after a time, but being a stubborn, hard-headed Italian, I would have none of it. He started liftnandcarrying and to his credit was very successful with it. My biggest regret to this date is that I didn't get a chance to be a part of all those fantastic shoots. One girl in particular, KJ, absolutely caught my attention and I would give my right arm to meet and shoot with her.

From a production standpoint, I always wished he would have done more with the talent he had. His clips were repetitive, uninspired, and low resolution, all of which undermined the potential. On a number of occasions though, such as with KJ, and several other girls, he really got some seductive lift content that was great.

I supported his site for years, despite my personal feelings for him. Truth be told, he was a good guy prior to the choice he made to break away. The site for him was always something of a touchy subject with his family, due to religious beliefs. I'm not sure if they ever found out about his business, but it could very well be that the site ended for this reason. Otherwise, it is likely that he moved on (his background in school was in business and/or accounting if my memory serves me correct).

It is the end of an era...many of the early sites are gone or hardly an industry player today: Builtmore USA, my own site davemeister.com, liftnet, thevalkyrie, liftnandcarrying, etc. Thankfully, there are some newer sites that continue the tradition.

Dave
www.clips4sale.com/8715

I disagree with your take of it being repetitive. After all he tried to accommodate everyone's wishes. I was always asking for cradles and OTS, for example.
Now, all of what you're telling us is your side of the story. We'd have to hear his, wouldn't we?
On to business. The clips4 sale store you've included in your post, does it feature FF L&C or you still mix em in the clips?
Closed Thread