The Lift & Carry Forums

Go Back   The Lift & Carry Forums > Miscellaneous > Producer's Corner

Old September 8th, 2010, 02:41   #11
strut170222
VIP Honored

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
798 Total

We have your back Rachel. I personally want you to be as successful as possible. What's good for you is going to be good for me from a fan standpoint.

I just browsed Saradas (I don't use the site) and noticed there is a section for you with a "RobMash" who may be moderating. In addition to the above, perhaps he can also be used as a secondary resource/ally if you haven't already attempted.

Last edited by strut170222; September 8th, 2010 at 03:44.
Old September 8th, 2010, 05:56   #12
filmguy
STANDARD

0 For This Post
57 Total

Hi Rachel,

It's worth it to have a Cease & Desist letter template at your disposal for general use. The company I currently work for has a team of assistants who scour the internet for illegal streams and downloads of our content, and our policy with copyright violation has been as follows:

1. Send a polite email to the offender identifying yourself and giving them 24 hours to remove your intellectual property.

2. 24 hours later, send a follow up reminding them, saying that you will be seeking legal action if the content is not removed.

3. Send your cease & desist.

While there's nothing really iron clad, I've found that the standard cease & desist template is threatening enough and has enough legalese in it to work very effectively. Most people who host content don't want to pay to retain an attorney if they're sued, so they will usually respond to any type of carefully worded legal threat by caving in.

A good template is here: http://www.getfreelegalforms.com/copyright-cease-and-desist-order-website/

If they've currently taken down you video, then no harm done, however that forum has a history of ignoring copyright claims and continuing to post other people's materials.

Hope this helps. Everyone else ends their posts with "hope to be lifted by you someday" but I'm a fatass and that's not happening, so I just hope to enjoy more videos from you
Old September 8th, 2010, 14:52   #13
RachelFights
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
204 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by strut170222 View Post
We have your back Rachel. I personally want you to be as successful as possible. What's good for you is going to be good for me from a fan standpoint.

I just browsed Saradas (I don't use the site) and noticed there is a section for you with a "RobMash" who may be moderating. In addition to the above, perhaps he can also be used as a secondary resource/ally if you haven't already attempted.
Some many thank-yous Strut!!!! Shooting lift and carry videos is actually very rewarding to me personally, because it is something that I absolutely enjoy doing, and it is even better knowing how much everyone here enjoys the work that I do...

As far as "RobMash" goes, I actually agreed to contribute to my own personal section under the thought that it would make guys think twice about posting my content... Silly me... LOL! Lesson learned... I guess I am still a little naive to the industry in some ways...

www.clips4sale.com/39486
Old September 8th, 2010, 15:15   #14
RachelFights
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
204 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmguy View Post
Hi Rachel,

It's worth it to have a Cease & Desist letter template at your disposal for general use. The company I currently work for has a team of assistants who scour the internet for illegal streams and downloads of our content, and our policy with copyright violation has been as follows:

1. Send a polite email to the offender identifying yourself and giving them 24 hours to remove your intellectual property.

2. 24 hours later, send a follow up reminding them, saying that you will be seeking legal action if the content is not removed.

3. Send your cease & desist.

While there's nothing really iron clad, I've found that the standard cease & desist template is threatening enough and has enough legalese in it to work very effectively. Most people who host content don't want to pay to retain an attorney if they're sued, so they will usually respond to any type of carefully worded legal threat by caving in.

A good template is here: http://www.getfreelegalforms.com/copyright-cease-and-desist-order-website/

If they've currently taken down you video, then no harm done, however that forum has a history of ignoring copyright claims and continuing to post other people's materials.

Hope this helps. Everyone else ends their posts with "hope to be lifted by you someday" but I'm a fatass and that's not happening, so I just hope to enjoy more videos from you
Hi FilmGuy,
Thank you so much for your help! I have saved the template that you provided, and will have it handy the next time that this happens. Hopefully, it won't but, that is wishful thinking on my part I believe...

www.clips4sale.com/39486