Old September 7th, 2010, 14:46   #1
RachelFights
VIP Honored

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
204 Total
Default Please Help

Hello All!
I am requesting assistance from any and all of you who may be able to assist me! I know that there are several other individuals on this forum who have encountered piracy issues with Saradas in the past, and I am wondering what the proper steps/channels are in forcing them to remove my content. I am extremely upset about this and would appreciate any help that I can possibly get ewither directly via the forum or you can send me a personal email at rachelfights*live.com.

Thank you in advance.

www.clips4sale.com/39486
Old September 7th, 2010, 17:14   #2
goneju

0 For This Post
0 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelFights View Post
Hello All!
I am requesting assistance from any and all of you who may be able to assist me! I know that there are several other individuals on this forum who have encountered piracy issues with Saradas in the past, and I am wondering what the proper steps/channels are in forcing them to remove my content. I am extremely upset about this and would appreciate any help that I can possibly get ewither directly via the forum or you can send me a personal email at rachelfights*live.com.

Thank you in advance.

Its really sad and bad. I would have loved to help you on this. But I dont have any idea how to deal with this issue. maybe other members might throw some light on this.

Old September 7th, 2010, 17:36   #3
RachelFights
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
204 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganju90 View Post
Its really sad and bad. I would have loved to help you on this. But I dont have any idea how to deal with this issue. maybe other members might throw some light on this.
Ganju,
Thank you so much for your support. Like so many other producers that frequent this forum, it is a fairly devastating blow to realize that there are some low class individuals out there who would actually do this kind of thing. It totally stinks on my end, but luckily I sent a cease and desist letter to the forum, the original poster, and the file sharing site that they were using, and the video has been pulled, for now anyway. Now I guess that I just need to be super vigilant on that forum and make sure that no one reposts it. On the more positive side, it looks as though Saradas has some very big name and reputable-ish "supplement" companies that are sponsoring them these days, so my next plan of attack is to start contacting these companies directly and making it known to them that they are sponsoring and providing funds to a website that is responsible for large amounts of video piracy. This is a huge No-No and from a corporate stand point, I don't think that any of these companies want their name and reputation drug threw the mud over this type of affiliation. I also am going to start contacting other producers who may not know that their material is being posted there. Hopefully, if enough of us start pulling our material they will get the hint, and start making their dead beat members accountable for their actions.

I am really glad to have this forum! Everyone on here is extremely respectful, and understanding of what really goes into producing good quality lift and carry videos and I thank all of you for your support.

www.clips4sale.com/39486
Old September 7th, 2010, 18:01   #4
goneju

0 For This Post
0 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelFights View Post
Ganju,
Thank you so much for your support. Like so many other producers that frequent this forum, it is a fairly devastating blow to realize that there are some low class individuals out there who would actually do this kind of thing. It totally stinks on my end, but luckily I sent a cease and desist letter to the forum, the original poster, and the file sharing site that they were using, and the video has been pulled, for now anyway. Now I guess that I just need to be super vigilant on that forum and make sure that no one reposts it. On the more positive side, it looks as though Saradas has some very big name and reputable-ish "supplement" companies that are sponsoring them these days, so my next plan of attack is to start contacting these companies directly and making it known to them that they are sponsoring and providing funds to a website that is responsible for large amounts of video piracy. This is a huge No-No and from a corporate stand point, I don't think that any of these companies want their name and reputation drug threw the mud over this type of affiliation. I also am going to start contacting other producers who may not know that their material is being posted there. Hopefully, if enough of us start pulling our material they will get the hint, and start making their dead beat members accountable for their actions.

I am really glad to have this forum! Everyone on here is extremely respectful, and understanding of what really goes into producing good quality lift and carry videos and I thank all of you for your support.

Rachel I would love to work sometime with you in future as far as Producing and Making Lift and Carry videos is concerned. Would also love to have session with you in future. Do let me know if I can be of any help to you. By the way I am 200lbs. That should not be a problem to you.
Thanks to you Rachel for all the effort you take to help Lift and carry Community.

Old September 7th, 2010, 18:04   #5
RachelFights
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
204 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganju90 View Post
Rachel I would love to work sometime with you in future as far as Producing and Making Lift and Carry videos is concerned. Would also love to have session with you in future. Do let me know if I can be of any help to you. By the way I am 200lbs. That should not be a problem to you.
Thanks to you Rachel for all the effort you take to help Lift and carry Community.
Hello Ganju!!!

I would absolutely loveto someday meet you and lift you!!!! I am sure that it would be a lot of fun, and at 200lbs I could do all sorts of lifts with you!!!

www.clips4sale.com/39486
Old September 7th, 2010, 23:52   #6
phoneman
Administrator

0 For This Post
3,073 Total

Rachel, here is my advice. I have been an attorney for more than 30 years, but I DO NOT specialize in any way in copyright law. I know enough about it to discuss with a minimal level of insight. We know that they violated your copyright, so that is not the issue in any event.

Anyway, they removed your video. That is steps 1 and 2. It is the key.

The real issue is what you do from there. Personally, since they did react and take down the offending clip, I would take a laid back approach with Saradas.

Since you have not yet had any fights with them, maybe you can keep it civil. Believe me, I know that others here want to put them out of business and I concur, but there is no reason for you to make that your battle at this time.

If I were you, I would actually write to them and thank them for so quickly removing the video. I would then say that you would like full access to all parts of their forum, so that you can help them police further violations of your copyright. I would hope that they will cooperate, as a sign of their "good faith"

You could and should ask them to warn the poster that further actions of that type will result in the poster losing privileges in their forum.

Finally, you could slip in something to the effect that from their quick actions, it is obvious that they do not want to damage their relationships with their sponsors. Then wish them luck.

Yes, this is all bull dingy, but it may get you the result that you need with minimal problems.

I know that others will suggest that you immediately notify their sponsors. I understand that approach. I am just concerned that you may get more aggravation than results.

If there is another infringement, then all bets are off and you attack. At that point, we can all suggest steps for a full fledged war involving their sponsors. Right now, you want peace. Hopefully, so do they.

By the way, I am writing this with the full expectation that my comments will be leaked to Saradas, which is fine. There are lots of ways to get their sponsors, but you prefer not to do so at this time.
Old September 8th, 2010, 00:34   #7
RachelFights
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
204 Total

Thank you so much for the excellent advice! I will continue monitoring their site like a hawk, and hopefully it will prevent further issues. I actually was able to match the email address of the original poster with an email address that I have on file through C4S and have contacted C4S as well regarding the issue. They have actually been extremely helpful (which was a huge surprise to me), and are willing to assist me in anyway that they possibly can if the poster/purchaser of the video attempts to repost it.

www.clips4sale.com/39486
Old September 8th, 2010, 00:50   #8
greybeezer
Administrator

0 For This Post
1,411 Total

Rachel, if you like you can send what ever information you have on the person who posted your clip to us, just use the contact us link at the bottom of every page. If we can link that info to a member of this forum we will ban them from here. This is an issue we do not take lightly here, we have banned members form here in the past for the same thing. Phoneman is right though going after these guys is not an easy task, they probably profit more from the stolen content then most of the producers do because they do it on such a large scale. They have a VIP system based on "karma" points so the better the content you produce the more points you get, it requires a certain ammount of points to get VIP access there or you can pay a small donation to help with server costs. What a lot of members do not realize is that the karma points usualy will never get them access to VIP and all the stolen content gets moved there for the paying members to see. One of the problems in the past is the few producers who do want to fight these guys find little support, I am sure you will get some contact offering advice though on what your options are. Again if there is any information you can give us please use the contact us link as we would like to punish the offender if they are a member of this forum.
Old September 8th, 2010, 01:07   #9
RachelFights
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
204 Total

I want to thank everyone on this forum for being so helpful, understanding and appreciative . It really means alot to me that you guys have all gone above and beyond to make me feel welcome here!!!

www.clips4sale.com/39486
Old September 8th, 2010, 01:15   #10
RachelFights
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
204 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeezer View Post
Rachel, if you like you can send what ever information you have on the person who posted your clip to us, just use the contact us link at the bottom of every page. If we can link that info to a member of this forum we will ban them from here. This is an issue we do not take lightly here, we have banned members form here in the past for the same thing. Phoneman is right though going after these guys is not an easy task, they probably profit more from the stolen content then most of the producers do because they do it on such a large scale. They have a VIP system based on "karma" points so the better the content you produce the more points you get, it requires a certain ammount of points to get VIP access there or you can pay a small donation to help with server costs. What a lot of members do not realize is that the karma points usualy will never get them access to VIP and all the stolen content gets moved there for the paying members to see. One of the problems in the past is the few producers who do want to fight these guys find little support, I am sure you will get some contact offering advice though on what your options are. Again if there is any information you can give us please use the contact us link as we would like to punish the offender if they are a member of this forum.
Hi Greybeezer,
You are absolutely right about the Karma thing! The amount of "points that an individual needsd to obtain VIP status is absolutely absurd, which really makes me wonder why anyone would go out of there way to even bother trying... But then again, I guess some people are just so desperate to see what they are missing out on that they are willing to break the law to do it!!!

I was so happy when I started posting here and I noticed that this forum has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to posting copywritten material. it really made me feel good that I was interacting with individuals who appreciate the hard work and effort that goes into producing these videos. I just wish that everyone was so understanding.

www.clips4sale.com/39486