Go Back   The Lift & Carry Forums > Miscellaneous > General Discussion

Old September 24th, 2009, 20:09   #1
johnp
STANDARD

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
16 Total
Default Embarrassed to discover that a girl is stronger than you

How about stories not involving L&C, but about guys who are surprised or embarrassed to find out that their wife, girlfriend or a girl they meet is stronger than them.

This happened to me when I had a girlfriend who was in a University rowing team. One day I was giving her and three of her team mates a lift to a regatta. The car started bumping and I realised I had a flat tyre. I stopped the car and got the jack and spare tyre out to change the wheel. But when I tried to loosen the wheel nuts, I couldn't turn any of them, no matter how hard I tried.

I told the girls they must have been put on too tight by a mechanic using a compressed air tool and couldn't be removed by hand. I said I would have to call the AA to come to change the tyre. The girls were worried about missing the regatta. One of them said she had changed tyres on her Mum's car and asked if she could try. I tried to explain that the problem was not about knowing how to change the tyre, but the fact that the nuts were too tight to be removed by hand. She still asked to have a go and my girl friend said we had nothing to lose by letting her try.

The girl Julie was about 4" shorter than my 5ft 7ins but very stockily built. As I muttered angrily that it was a waste of time, she got the wrench and strained as she tried to loosen the first nut. My anger turned to sheer humiliation and embarrassment as the nut eventually turned. I stood in silence with a beetroot red face as she loosened the other 3 nuts. I didn't dare look at my girl friend or the other girls as I was sure they would be laughing at me.

I stood in stunned silence as she carried on and changed the wheels over. My final humiliation was when she smiled at me and said that she hadn't tightened the nuts fully, just in case I had to change the wheel myself in the
future.

None of the girls ever mentioned the incident again, but I still felt embarrassed every time I met Julie.
Old September 24th, 2009, 22:30   #2
agentdowell
STANDARD

0 For This Post
5 Total

Haha! I guess you learned your lesson.
Old October 15th, 2009, 21:16   #3
fairyplant77
STANDARD

0 For This Post
10 Total

I think most of us would be embarrassed to find out a girl was stronger than us. If you go to a serious gym (like Gold's Gym), you will quite likely find a girl lifting more weight than you. I was once in there and a girl was doing straight-legged barbell lifts with 135lbs. I can barely do those at all because I'm not very flexible -- let alone with 135lbs!

I also dated a girl once who was pretty strong. She wasn't very big, but her biceps showed through her sleeves -- and it was enough to make me feel quite uneasy. And yes, it sucked not to be able to look at them (since she was sitting right in front of me).

Last edited by fairyplant77; October 17th, 2009 at 22:43.
Old October 16th, 2009, 15:27   #4
ponyplay
Administrator

0 For This Post
2,408 Total

Stories or real experiences!?

I did meet a girl that was for sure stronger than me... she was short, and a bit cuddly. But much shorter than me. I guess whe were about the same weight. Yes i could lift her. But she lifted and caried me more easily. The most astonishing thing was that she could give me a shoulider ride, having me up in a second an let me sit there for minutes. I had to admit i had to struggle to lift her on my shoulders. Wrestling with her meant i lost, she really had strong arms but strong short legs too. I was no match for me. I even dared her todo her thing with a gril much taler then her (and even me). I guess about 6'2 tall, she was like 5'2... she destroyed her if it wasn't form e to come in between. The tall lady didn't know what happened to her and looked in shock ...
Old October 16th, 2009, 18:10   #5
Leobor
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
1,579 Total

Hmmm... It never happened to me actually, exept in 6-7 grade in elementary school when I did arm wrestling with some girls and I lost. But I was not embaressed then too much. But if she lifted me, hell I think I would be very embaressed.
Old October 16th, 2009, 18:33   #6
Vodevil
VIP Honored
The very first member

1 For This Post
234 Total

I have to admit that I?m somewhat a weakling. I find it more surprising and alluring than embarrassing if a girl is stronger than me.

Last edited by Vodevil; October 16th, 2009 at 18:40.
Who Said Thanks:
dreadnought82 (April 11th, 2019)
Old November 12th, 2014, 02:55   #7
Ultrabomb
STANDARD

0 For This Post
9 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyplay View Post
Stories or real experiences!?

I did meet a girl that was for sure stronger than me... she was short, and a bit cuddly. But much shorter than me. I guess whe were about the same weight. Yes i could lift her. But she lifted and caried me more easily. The most astonishing thing was that she could give me a shoulider ride, having me up in a second an let me sit there for minutes. I had to admit i had to struggle to lift her on my shoulders. Wrestling with her meant i lost, she really had strong arms but strong short legs too. I was no match for me. I even dared her todo her thing with a gril much taler then her (and even me). I guess about 6'2 tall, she was like 5'2... she destroyed her if it wasn't form e to come in between. The tall lady didn't know what happened to her and looked in shock ...
Were her legs a lot thicker than yours?
Old December 1st, 2014, 10:15   #8
g.gupta1980
VIP Honored

2 For This Post
1,199 Total
Default Horse Ladies

I don't know how or why I stumbled upon this forum, perhaps because I was looking for muscular women blogs etc... this particular page has stories of women talking about thier very muscular arms and veins that embarras them.
The interesting bit is about L&C ...one lady says she lifts residents at the hospital all by herself. Check it out here: http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/ar.../t-210878.html

Example:
I've lost some of the tone I had when I was running the farm in IL. Especially now that I'm in school, it's getting sad. But at work, when it comes to lifting residents and getting them to their wheelchairs, it is invaluable to have a good base. Many of the old folks comment that I have very strong arms : I've always said I'm built like a linebacker for a reason!

One old guy was trying to give me a hard time and made a snarky remark about my arms. I looked him in the eye and said well yes they're big but I haven't dropped YOU on the floor yet, have I? That took the wind out of his sails
Who Said Thanks:
Chaza (January 3rd, 2015), phoneman (December 3rd, 2014)
Old February 13th, 2012, 16:47   #9
Muscle_Chick_Fan
STANDARD

0 For This Post
24 Total
Red face Embarrassed 2 Discover That A Girl Was Stronger Than Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp View Post
How about stories not involving L&C, but about guys who are surprised or embarrassed to find out that their wife, girlfriend or a girl they meet is stronger than them.

This happened to me when I had a girlfriend who was in a University rowing team. One day I was giving her and three of her team mates a lift to a regatta. The car started bumping and I realised I had a flat tyre. I stopped the car and got the jack and spare tyre out to change the wheel. But when I tried to loosen the wheel nuts, I couldn't turn any of them, no matter how hard I tried.

I told the girls they must have been put on too tight by a mechanic using a compressed air tool and couldn't be removed by hand. I said I would have to call the AA to come to change the tyre. The girls were worried about missing the regatta. One of them said she had changed tyres on her Mum's car and asked if she could try. I tried to explain that the problem was not about knowing how to change the tyre, but the fact that the nuts were too tight to be removed by hand. She still asked to have a go and my girl friend said we had nothing to lose by letting her try.

The girl Julie was about 4" shorter than my 5ft 7ins but very stockily built. As I muttered angrily that it was a waste of time, she got the wrench and strained as she tried to loosen the first nut. My anger turned to sheer humiliation and embarrassment as the nut eventually turned. I stood in silence with a beetroot red face as she loosened the other 3 nuts. I didn't dare look at my girl friend or the other girls as I was sure they would be laughing at me.

I stood in stunned silence as she carried on and changed the wheels over. My final humiliation was when she smiled at me and said that she hadn't tightened the nuts fully, just in case I had to change the wheel myself in the
future.

None of the girls ever mentioned the incident again, but I still felt embarrassed every time I met Julie.
In my case there were 3 scenarios:

1. One time, in Youth Camp, a girl beat me while we were armwrestling.
2. In middle school, during gym class (around lots of teachers and students may I add), a girl all of a sudden picked me up by my waist, and then put me back down. She then commented on how fat I was getting.
3. I had trouble opening a classroom door, but a girl came by and opened the door for me with ease.
Old February 17th, 2012, 19:00   #10
RCDGREYSTONE80
STANDARD

0 For This Post
1 Total

You guys who are 150 pounds really consider yourselves small? I really don't care anymore, but when I was younger I would have killed to be that heavy. When I entered college I didn't even weigh 100 pounds -no not anorexic have 5 1/2 inch wrists which is one thing I still hate lol, and don't put on hardly any muscle even when I work out. I would say the majority of women are probably stronger than me, of course the really skinny ones generally aren't, but most women with a little meat to them are.

My junior year of college through weightlifting/creatine and lots of chocolate I had managed to get up to around 115-120 or so (I'm 5'7) and my roommate had his sister over. She was maybe 2 inches shorter and claimed to weigh 160 (looked slightly heavier although not by much). Don't ask me how, I think I asked her about working out or something and we got to wrestling, let's just say she beat me up pretty good. She didn't even use her weight advantage all that much, without straddling she pinned me on this old couch we had, and I struggled and after a minute or two she told me to give up and I did.

I didn't take things as far as I would have liked, as my roommate had told us all to steer clear, but I got to feel her up a bit, and she was curvy but very solid-like soft thighs to the initial touch but if you felt a little deeper you could feel some good solid muscle.

Anyway, like I said at my size tons of women are probably stronger, but I can't think of that many contests of strength I've had with women as they probably didn't want to embarass me. I've been picked up a ton, although not many times of particular note most just picked me up, commented on how light I was and quickly put me down, plus I didn't get comfortable with the whole thing till midway through college unfortunately.