Go Back   The Lift & Carry Forums > Miscellaneous > General Discussion

Old July 10th, 2011, 23:03   #1
ibmsony101
VIP Honored

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
1 For This Post
462 Total
Default Getting treatment for the L&C fetish

I was reading an article on wiki that indicated that fetishes are classified as mental disorders.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraphilia

I have never looked at L&C this way. It sure takes time and money (sessions, videos , site membership, travel, web browsing) that could be put to more useful pursuits. However, people have hobbies and interests that take time and money.

L&C is a fetish - that got me wondering if this is something that those who have it should seek treatment for it. It has not adversely effected my life in any way that I can see. Should I just ignore it or wait until I am an old man who still gets excited watching an acrobatic act with a female base or have a collection of pictures and videos of that? I doubt that a psychiatrist would be able to eliminate a deep seated interest like that. May be I should be grateful that I do not have an extreme or destructive fetish.
Who Said Thanks:
Muscle_Chick_Fan (February 10th, 2015)
Old July 10th, 2011, 23:43   #2
dendrin
Administrator

3 For This Post
10,905 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmsony101 View Post
I was reading an article on wiki that indicated that fetishes are classified as mental disorders.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraphilia

I have never looked at L&C this way. It sure takes time and money (sessions, videos , site membership, travel, web browsing) that could be put to more useful pursuits. However, people have hobbies and interests that take time and money.

L&C is a fetish - that got me wondering if this is something that those who have it should seek treatment for it. It has not adversely effected my life in any way that I can see. Should I just ignore it or wait until I am an old man who still gets excited watching an acrobatic act with a female base or have a collection of pictures and videos of that? I doubt that a psychiatrist would be able to eliminate a deep seated interest like that. May be I should be grateful that I do not have an extreme or destructive fetish.
Like anything, it could be harmful if you do not moderate your interest in it. The best way to prevent not getting "carried away" by it is plan a daily schedule, limit your budget/month in regards to it, and overall limit your computer or "surfing" time each day to something reasonable. Easier said than done I know.
Who Said Thanks:
Snowstormbanana (January 30th, 2015), ibmsony101 (July 12th, 2011), winniethebeer (July 11th, 2011)
Old July 11th, 2011, 00:03   #3
allffcradles
VIPOS

3 For This Post
1,154 Total

Mental disorders?! I think that's a step far, sure there are plenty of crazy fetishes that are harmful but technically doesn't most people have at least one thing that turns them on? Feet has been common throughout history and cultures and it's probably by far the most common fetish out there, it's regarded as a fetish but it's definitely quite common....

I think it its a fetish that harms people in some way then yes it's wrong for sure otherwise... Anyway I don't accept, this is a very clean fetish in comparison to others, if its mixed with domination and unconscious and knockouts or necro then perhaps not so clean.... I'm not so keen on throat lifts for example, a very dangerous way to lift someone
Who Said Thanks:
Yeahman (May 31st, 2015), Snowstormbanana (January 30th, 2015), ibmsony101 (July 12th, 2011)
Old July 11th, 2011, 00:06   #4
Junkies19
VIPOS

2 For This Post
3,497 Total

I pretty much agree with dendrin, if it is at a point where it has a negative impact in other areas of your life then you should definitely seek help, but I would just monitor my daily schedule just to make sure I'm not going overboard.
Who Said Thanks:
Snowstormbanana (January 30th, 2015), ibmsony101 (July 12th, 2011)
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:10   #5
Liftluvver
STANDARD

0 For This Post
62 Total

Agreed, Junkies...no harm, no foul...
Old July 11th, 2011, 13:35   #6
Leobor
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
1,676 Total

Eh... Have you ever thought are you spending much money on Coca-Cola, coffe, fancy clothing or going out on parties? Anything can have a negative impact on life, it is just important not to be carried away.
Old July 11th, 2011, 13:49   #7
aloknath
VIPOS

3 For This Post
445 Total

There's a distinction between a paraphilia and a fetish though.

When you have a fetish it's a more secondary thing. It's something that turns you on, enhances your sexual experiences without co-opting it.

A paraphilia is something that totally replaces your desire for 'normal' sex. Like if you can't have sex without an L&C element being present, that would be a paraphilia. And this is very likely to adversely affect your life in terms of relationships and sexual performance. You'd have to be very very very lucky indeed to find a partner who has the same paraphilia!
Who Said Thanks:
Snowstormbanana (January 30th, 2015), lifted (August 22nd, 2011), ibmsony101 (July 12th, 2011)
Old July 11th, 2011, 19:50   #8
allffcradles
VIPOS

0 For This Post
1,154 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liftluvver View Post
Agreed, Junkies...no harm, no foul...
Speaking of No Harm No foul, does anyone have those stories? Someone in the lc community wrote some stories many years ago when I was new to lc on the internet and they've disappeared, good stories, about a guy that had a device that can create a separate instance of a scenario so he can carry a woman he wants to without infringing on her personal space in the 'real' world. Also he could look up anyone's history as a liftee, my favourite was the last story which involved a nice blonde he works for who's a tv present if I remember correctly. She was a mean woman and had been carried very rarely in her adult life so he and his friend decide to remedy that. It started with his friend pretending to be a gunman who demands that the woman is carried over the man's shoulder

Anyway anyone has this story?
Old July 12th, 2011, 01:18   #9
ibmsony101
VIP Honored

0 For This Post
462 Total
Default Thank you all

Very enlightening posts.
Old July 12th, 2011, 18:02   #10
trashcanman
Banned

0 For This Post
141 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leobor View Post
Eh... Have you ever thought are you spending much money on Coca-Cola, coffe, fancy clothing or going out on parties? Anything can have a negative impact on life, it is just important not to be carried away.
I spend waaaay more on Cola than l&c