The Lift & Carry Forums

Go Back   The Lift & Carry Forums > Miscellaneous > Producer's Corner

Old July 1st, 2018, 14:27   #91
robert
VIP

Total 'Thanks' Received by This User :
0 For This Post
302 Total

With all due respect and appreciation towards people who are producing L&C content but one essential problem is here and I cannot understand the reason and that's the price of the clips.

Why do you thing a content -by the definition of the entertainment business- is worth almost 1$ per minute?! As a fan of L&C I'd consider spending money for my interests as long as it's worth it. There are tons of free stuff out there on the Internet -and increasing- which potentially could fulfill my desire. Regardless of the quality and being costume scripted which is quite important,but why would I pay 5-10$ for a 4-10min clip then?
Old July 1st, 2018, 16:35   #92
phoneman
Administrator

2 For This Post
3,073 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
With all due respect and appreciation towards people who are producing L&C content but one essential problem is here and I cannot understand the reason and that's the price of the clips.

Why do you thing a content -by the definition of the entertainment business- is worth almost 1$ per minute?! As a fan of L&C I'd consider spending money for my interests as long as it's worth it. There are tons of free stuff out there on the Internet -and increasing- which potentially could fulfill my desire. Regardless of the quality and being costume scripted which is quite important,but why would I pay 5-10$ for a 4-10min clip then?
I am not a producer and never have been. Robert, do you have any idea what it costs to produce a clip? How much are the performers paid and what are productions costs? How many copies are sold before the clip is stolen and put on the internet without payment to the producer?

Think about those things before you determine what is over priced.
Who Said Thanks:
rflcblue (July 1st, 2018), WWE4Life (July 1st, 2018)
Old July 1st, 2018, 18:05   #93
robert
VIP

0 For This Post
302 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneman View Post
I am not a producer and never have been. Robert, do you have any idea what it costs to produce a clip? How much are the performers paid and what are productions costs? How many copies are sold before the clip is stolen and put on the internet without payment to the producer?

Think about those things before you determine what is over priced.
I am legitimately not aware of all of that information and I bet it's not easy to make a well directed, high quality clip regardless of how expensive it is.

But what I am doing here is simply describing the reality we are facing. I have no margin for that but I reckon not many people are able to pay such money for something they can have for free including myself. You just need to browse social networks all around the net to see variety of them.

I would love to have these quality worthy clips and I am happily willing to pay for it but a middle-class customer like me -as a student- has different priorities in life. Furthermore, one customer -potentially- would purchase more than just one clip and the sum of that could go quite crazy in the long term.

Quote:
How many copies are sold before the clip is stolen and put on the internet without payment to the producer?
This is definitely not my fault to be punished for. It's their job to protect their business and just adding up the price to cover the loss is the easiest solution and simply not fair.

To sums up, I suppose the profit margin of the business is good enough to make them consider a bit of adjustment.

Last edited by robert; July 2nd, 2018 at 08:35.
Old July 1st, 2018, 19:15   #94
Far
VIP Honored

1 For This Post
762 Total

Quote:

I'am pricing my clips approx same as other producers, I can price them 3 times lower and still keeps in business...but it's not reasonable and isn't fair to other producers
Who Said Thanks:
robert (July 3rd, 2018)
Old July 2nd, 2018, 10:30   #95
badboy4375
VIP Honored

2 For This Post
797 Total

Robert you do not have a right to their clips; saying its not fair suggests that you are confused to this fact.
Who Said Thanks:
phoneman (July 3rd, 2018), a106787 (July 2nd, 2018)
Old July 3rd, 2018, 11:40   #96
robert
VIP

0 For This Post
302 Total

Quote:
Originally Posted by Far View Post
I'am pricing my clips approx same as other producers, I can price them 3 times lower and still keeps in business...but it's not reasonable and isn't fair to other producers
It's not fair to the customers either! What you're saying is basically the lack of competition in the business. Variety of producers should be ended up in higher quality/lower price like any other businesses, but what I've been observing through years shows no fluctuation but just fixed pricing.

Wouldn't you decrease the price if it leads to an increase in sales which practically makes more profit?
Old July 3rd, 2018, 14:04   #97
Lifter
VIPOS

1 For This Post
362 Total

In the end it is our decision to buy or not to buy the vids. I think thy are very reasonably priced, Robert. I don't understand what your issue really is apart from making them cheaper. But most vids of all types of fetishes are priced in the same range. Seems to be the norm.
Who Said Thanks:
robert (July 3rd, 2018)
Old July 3rd, 2018, 14:07   #98
Far
VIP Honored

2 For This Post
762 Total

Quote:
It's not fair to the customers either! What you're saying is basically the lack of competition in the business. Variety of producers should be ended up in higher quality/lower price like any other businesses, but what I've been observing through years shows no fluctuation but just fixed pricing.
This is a specific business, it not like selling Vodka) pricing approximetly 1$ per minute popular not only for L&C clips, almost all fetish categories priced the same. Also, you must remember, that selling adult content requeres using sites like clips4sale, which takes huge comissions(40% on c4sale, f.e.)

Quote:
Wouldn't you decrease the price if it leads to an increase in sales which practically makes more profit?
A time ago, when I was selling clips via kinkbomb.com, I has a discount system up to 40% off for multiple orders, but only few customers used this offer. Decreasing price isn't working in this business.
Who Said Thanks:
robert (July 3rd, 2018), phoneman (July 3rd, 2018)
Old July 3rd, 2018, 14:25   #99
phoneman
Administrator

3 For This Post
3,073 Total

Quote:

I have a suggestion. Go into the video business and set up whatever pricing you want. See, isn't that simple? It is obvious that you have discovered a business where you can make a lot of money by overcharging people. Go for it.
Who Said Thanks:
rflcblue (July 6th, 2018), Far (July 3rd, 2018), Lifter (July 3rd, 2018)
Old July 3rd, 2018, 16:14   #100
Lifter
VIPOS

0 For This Post
362 Total

Quote:
I have a suggestion. Go into the video business and set up whatever pricing you want. See, isn't that simple? It is obvious that you have discovered a business where you can make a lot of money by overcharging people. Go for it.
Well said, Phoneman!